Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales taking 80 fans to Azerbaijan!

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Since the article states that there was a lot of trouble getting visas, and since the population of Wales is 1/17th the size of England's, maybe that's not so bad.

Which is a good reason, however 80 people in the whole of wales is going,it's absolutely disgraceful!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
They have also played there in the last few years. A lot of people won't go to the same place that far away twice!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Which is a good reason, however 80 people in the whole of wales is going,it's absolutely disgraceful!

I know there are some on here that would/have, but how many of you lot would actually, definitely be going if England were playing there this weekend?

thought so...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I know there are some on here that would/have, but how many of you lot would actually, definitely be going if England were playing there this weekend?

thought so...

Beat me to it.

Fair play to the 80.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The difficulty with obtaining a visitors visa to Azerbaijan is the marital staus of the sheep they are taking with them , which has caused problems for Wales supporters as they have all entered civil partnerships with their sheep. :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate to set myself up as some kind of Wales-defender, following on from the thread about the thread about the Welsh accent a couple of weeks ago, but a few pertinent points here:

1) Azerbaijan is a bloody trek to get to
2) Wales have no chance of qualifying and are mainly playing crap lately
3) It's a total dump
4) It's extremely expensive to make the trip
5) Wales isn't that big a place.

The thought process that suggests because a team doesn't have many fans, they're somehow inferior and/or not worthy is what got Wimbledon FC stolen away from their home town under the guise of progress.

What's more worthy of praise: the 2000 who turn up at Macclesfield each week to see crap football and appalling facilities, or the 78,000 at Old Trafford, with nice seats and a pleasant 99% certainty that their team will win?

Instead of mocking them, the 80 deserve a bloody medal for loyalty, IMHO.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The 80 Welsh fans travelling to Azerbaijan are in the same class of distinction as the 119 uberfans at Hartlepool on that Tuesday night for the cup replay.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Come on the Boyos!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The difficulty with obtaining a visitors visa to Azerbaijan is the marital staus of the sheep they are taking with them , which has caused problems for Wales supporters as they have all entered civil partnerships with their sheep. :ohmy:

What difficulty? In 2004 we sent our passports to their embassy in London with cheques for £80 and our passports got returned with visas, hardly difficult.

The caviar was cheap in Baku.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There is a recession on and I'd hazard a guess that Wales is also much poorer than England certainly where football fans are concerned, and the football team isn't really that supported, Rugby's the thing.
And we have that odious prick in charge, who plays the most awful football without even getting the results.
Very few countries have as big a travelling support as England

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still, England are taking about 1500 to Khazakstan 'officially' despite £55 for a match ticket...! TheFA sold a load of Khazak delegates tickets for the leg at Wembley at £50~ so Khazak FA have decided to do the same, where the locals are paying about £6 according to a mate out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here