Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walcott

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
The answer to that question is yes.
(I still think that he could have been an option up front)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nah, him, Wright-Phillips and Lennon are all the same style player - dash and run to the byline. But none of them can cross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMO - yes. Although off-form in the friendlies, he still offers more than Wright-Phillips and Lennon. He is also more flexible in the positions he is capable of taking up, drifting inside etc...

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Of course it was Ian. He is a far better player than both Lennon and the Man City midget.

Big error by Coppello imo

He is capable of scoring .

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I would rather have Young and Johnson as they can actually deliver a good ball into the box!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what exactly do you think he would have done? the pases to him would be just as poor, then he'd charge at the opposition only to lose the ball. when defending Johnson would have zero cover as Walcott doesnt come back.

no, it wasnt a mistake to not take the most over rated English player.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would rather have Young and Johnson as they can actually deliver a good ball into the box!

Is the right answer.

Walcott can't cross the ball anywhere near another England player which is the reason he was rightly dropped from the squad.

Adam Johnson was a far better bet and should have gone to South Africa.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
again whats the point of asking a question like that before the end of the tournament, typical down in the mouth Harty....its not finished and you're already slating the manager...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
again whats the point of asking a question like that before the end of the tournament, typical down in the mouth Harty....its not finished and you're already slating the manager...

Not at all.

I've sat through two surreal games of football and am just asking the question would he have made a difference?

That's not slagging the manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Walcott is a very very fast headless chicken who hasn't improved since he was 16 and hides when the team are playing badly, so no.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nah, him, Wright-Phillips and Lennon are all the same style player - dash and run to the byline. But none of them can cross.

Harsh on Lennon who actually delivered all of our best crosses last night (okay, there wasn't much competition). I still don't really understand why Capello chose to take Lennon off. He contributed far more than the likes of Lampard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here