Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wacky Races

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dick Darstadly was an idiot, he quite clearly had the best car all he needed to do was drive it normally. He never won a race.

:nono:

On a similar theme I'd have loved Wile E Coyote to have a roadrunner dinner just once, although with all the cash he spent at Acme he could have picked up a roadrunner steak and a decent bottle of red at Waitrose.

Frustrating.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Muttley. Bloody love him. Only 17 episodes in total were made!

Agree. His laugh was excellent.

As an aside I had a pair of Wacky Races boxer shorts when I was a student (Yes, I know.)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Dick Darstadly was an idiot, he quite clearly had the best car all he needed to do was drive it normally. He never won a race.

:nono:

On a similar theme I'd have loved Wile E Coyote to have a roadrunner dinner just once, although with all the cash he spent at Acme he could have picked up a roadrunner steak and a decent bottle of red at Waitrose.

Frustrating.

He actually won once, but got unfairly disqualified by the commentator.

He's quite similar to Derby County. Gets really far ahead then decides to stand still to set up traps, only to slowly slip down the standings XD

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Loved Wacky races but Clunk in Stop The Pigeon was fantastic.
Very impressed with everyones in depth knowledge of these two classics.
Muttley was so famous that whenever people come down to visit us in Plymouth they always laugh when they see the signs to Mutley.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So who was your favourite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESi7uGMNaMs

I always liked to Army Surplus Special.

Me.......... Rufus Ruffcut & Sawtooth:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    104.4 KB · Views: 348

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did Peter Perfect ever shag Penelope Pitstop in any of the episodes ? I'm sure he did.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes he did, from behind if memory serves me right.
I remember Penelope commenting on the size of his helmet.

Yes you're right it's all coming back now. He loved her car and often commented on her pink bumpers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Today's useless bit of trivia: Paul Winchell, the man who was the voice of Dick Darstadley, had been a medical student and became an inventor. Whislt working as a voice artist he also had time to patent over 30 devices, including an artificial heart. He also helped breed some sort of fish that could survive in brackish waters and could thus act as a source of food in areas without fresh or flowing water.

EDIT: Just checked this on Wikipedia and found that he also patented a disposable razor, a blood plasma defroster, a flameless cigarette lighter, an "invisible" garter belt, a fountain pen with a retractable tip, and battery-heated gloves!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My youngest was watching the Perils of Penelope Pitstop the other day on some channel or other. He thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I. Stop the Pigeon was on recently too, but not Wacky Races. Shame.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My youngest was watching the Perils of Penelope Pitstop the other day on some channel or other. He thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I. Stop the Pigeon was on recently too, but not Wacky Races. Shame.

WR was on about six or seven years ago: my daughter used to watch it. It took me right back, that did. Amazed there were only 17 made, seemed to be a feature of my childhood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here