Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] VPN is it beneficial

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thank you, I opened up my AV and it said it needed updating, I did this and now the VPN is blue as it should be :thumbsup:

monty-python-ladies-clapping-o.gif

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I live in the US and subscribe to NBC Sports Gold and have been able to watch all the Albion matches this season except for those while I have been back in the U.K. for Christmas. I have tried both VPN’s I use, PIA and Pure, which allows me to log in but then no games are listed to watch. Any recommendations for a VPN that I should use instead? Happy to subscribe if it works.

Incidentally, PIA was my original VPN and iPlayer worked fine but hasn’t worked for months hence why I now have Pure too now. That was a recommendation I found online. They have given me a dedicated connection for iPlayer but it connects for a few minutes and then drops so I am on the look out for a new VPN.

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

There are numerous benefits of a VPN. A paid VPN will give you far greater speeds and allow you to watch higher quality content than a free VPN.

Benefits of a VPN:

- Allows you to watch all Brighton games that are not on Sky/BT if you sign up to NBC Sports Gold ($50 for a season pass). Useful if you don't want to be pissing about with a dodgy stream every week.
- Allows you to use P2P services for movies, TV shows and sports streaming (these generally provide the highest quality content, and a VPN is essential for these services to prevent copyright holders/your ISP tracking you).
- Allows you to find streams and torrents that are blocked by UK ISPs, providing you a greater choice of content to choose from.
- If you have subscription services like Netflix, a VPN will allow you to watch shows and series that have not yet been released in the UK.

For football streaming, all the best free streams are posted on Reddit Soccer Streams. The best streams (full HD) on Reddit are AceSteams, which is a P2P service which you will have to install. Because it's P2P, a VPN is absolutely essential.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Right, help required, I have installed Opera (looks decent actually) and verified that my VPN works (switched the VPN setting off and on and checking my IP address changes which it does). So how to stream the game? I've googled streaming with VPN but everywhere seems to want to charge help appreciated

Go to Reddit football streams about 15 min before KO...

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
PIA works fine for me on IPTV :)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I live in the US and subscribe to NBC Sports Gold and have been able to watch all the Albion matches this season except for those while I have been back in the U.K. for Christmas. I have tried both VPN’s I use, PIA and Pure, which allows me to log in but then no games are listed to watch. Any recommendations for a VPN that I should use instead? Happy to subscribe if it works.

Incidentally, PIA was my original VPN and iPlayer worked fine but hasn’t worked for months hence why I now have Pure too now. That was a recommendation I found online. They have given me a dedicated connection for iPlayer but it connects for a few minutes and then drops so I am on the look out for a new VPN.

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

IPVanish works for NBC Sports Gold if you set your location to the US. Never pay full price - there's always discounts knocking about (first Google link says 72% discount). I haven't extensively tested, but at first glance it doesn't seem to work with iPlayer if you set the location to UK.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I tried all of the streams listed and they wre all poor with buffering . We have decided that it must be down to my broadband speed which is basic and a speed test showed as 8mbps. I have niow upgraded it to 76mbps.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The streampsI PMd to you was working fine....did you close all the pop ups or were they open in the background?
As I said probably the speed of my internet which as I said is only 8mbps.I have been trying to close all the background ground running programs but been unsuccesful. I tried Shift + Control + delete to get to Task Manmager and also ALT+ F4 but I then got a message to close Chrome and Opera it didnt close it as I expected.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
No I had woken up, as usual to check the test score as I have give up watching it live . As regards trhe VPN I have installed Opera after being advised so as to watch a game but cannot see where or how you add the free VPN which would probably suffice for what I need. Or is it automatically added as part of the download? In which case I neednt worry about it and just use that instead of Chrome.

You must stop watching the Tests otherwise you are going to have many sleepless nights,anyway we have lost them now so no longer a problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here