Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote Perry! Martin's standing in the local elections next year

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I have to say, I REALLY don't think this is a good move for Martin P. Everything he does, people will assume there is an agenda (hidden or otherwise) for t'Albion, especially in relation to the Hotel.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Martin Perry lives in an hotel..............................
Whatever next.
Shock horror !
Front page news. Call/text Paul Barber immediately.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What on earth gives you the idea that the Labour Party are anti-capitalist?

Depends if we are talking Tony Blairs New Labour?

Or the Labour Party as how it was originally intended?

I believe in a certain amount of capitalism but not monopolies.

In the words of Tony Ben "On capitalism and inequality";

"The real division in society is between those who create the wealth by working and those who own the wealth. Those who own the wealth have far too much power and they use it to control those who create the wealth."

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Depends if we are talking Tony Blairs New Labour?

Or the Labour Party as how it was originally intended?

I believe in a certain amount of capitalism but not monopolies.

In the words of Tony Ben "On capitalism and inequality";

"The real division in society is between those who create the wealth by working and those who own the wealth. Those who own the wealth have far too much power and they use it to control those who create the wealth."

I would have thought that we were talking about the Labour Party of today which Martin Perry is going to stand as a candidate of rather than say Keir Hardie's.

I don't see a problem with him going into politics locally in principle, but as an independent, not aligning with one of four sides.

What a load of drivel - why shouldn't he stand for the party which reflects his principles and beliefs. I suspect that if he had announced himself as a Tory candidate you wouldn't be bothered.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I don't see a problem with him going into politics locally in principle, but as an independent, not aligning with one of four sides.

This. Was just going to post same. What about supporters who vote for other political parties but pour their money into the club. How will they feel.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This. Was just going to post same. What about supporters who vote for other political parties but pour their money into the club. How will they feel.

To be honest, not in the least bothered. Not that I can really claim a North Stand season ticket and a few pies and pints to be pouring money into the club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What a load of drivel - why shouldn't he stand for the party which reflects his principles and beliefs. I suspect that if he had announced himself as a Tory candidate you wouldn't be bothered.

No, not at all, they are all the same at the end of the day, because if one is looking for help and support from all parties and one party steps forward to assist. Then one continues to request support in other sectors and one innocently states that so and so or such a party supports what one is trying to achieve, one can suddenly realise why there is a lack of response because the one that you are reaching out to is waving a different colour flag than the one who is trying to assist.

Local polititians, councillors and supporters of different parties play off each other, and if one takes you up on your efforts the others will be selective in their response if they even bother to respond at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here