Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote Jake Robinson Player of the Month

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Voting for the PFA Fans' Player of the Month for February has finished. They haven't announced the exact result yet, but Guy Butters was certainly somewhere in the top 5 (it's listed in alphabetical order).

Voting has started for the March award. Jake Robinson is already in the top 5 and it would be good if everyone voted for him, rather than splitting the Albion vote and allowing a player from another club to win. The top 5 are listed in alphabetical order; the Butters voting appears to have spilled over into March, but there's no way they will allow him to win again. We've already been disqualified from this once!

Vote for Jakey here:
http://www.givemefootball.com/fansplayer/monthindex.html

On the last page, you only need to fill in the boxes next to the asterisks and tick the final box. Hotmail addresses are allowed.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
All done and dusted!

The winners of the Feb vote will be announced in the next couple of days, hopefully Big Guy has won!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Whats the point of voting of Jake? Ok fair enough if he is actually playing but would be almost as stupid as the Marney one if he wins on the back of 2 or 3 sub appearances.

Id much rather get behind a player who is reguarly contributing, Jake has plenty of time on his side!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Nonsense.

Sure, he is beginning to get established and played well on Saturday, but its a gradual thing, Dan Harding has shown a great deal more potential in his performances to date.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Surely James Hayter should deserve to win it this month, but I'll vote Jake :dunce:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i'll vote for jake if thats the way everyones going but surely this undermines the acheivement when he does have a blinding month and would deserve to win it..

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Raphael Meade said:
i'll vote for jake if thats the way everyones going but surely this undermines the acheivement when he does have a blinding month and would deserve to win it..
Hayter deserved to win the February award but his hat-trick came so late in the month that the Bournemouth fans didn't get a chance to organise their votes. If we start voting for several different Albion players this month, then none of them will win it.

Jake's a good young player who deserves our support and recognition for looking so lively and at home in the first team at 17. Harding looks a very good shout for our recognition in the following award.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
This what really winds me up about some poeple on here and Im sure they will tell mew where to go. In all fairness, Marney did not deserve his award. He was not very good and I thought it was an embarresment that he won it. Jake is gonig to be a very very good player. His touch is first class, he makes intelligent runs and has pace. However, if you break it down to the bare facts, he has doen f*** all so far. However, we are not expecting him to have scvored 10 by now, his development will take time and I cant wait until he is our number 1 striker. He does not deserve the award. If Hayter can chip in with say another 3 goals then I would vote for him. After all he now has the fastest league hatrick. I will vote for any Albion player when they deserve it and hopefully other fans can recognise it. Not just for the sake of getting an award.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Gary Nelson said:
This what really winds me up about some poeple on here and Im sure they will tell mew where to go. In all fairness, Marney did not deserve his award. He was not very good and I thought it was an embarresment that he won it. Jake is gonig to be a very very good player. His touch is first class, he makes intelligent runs and has pace. However, if you break it down to the bare facts, he has doen f*** all so far. However, we are not expecting him to have scvored 10 by now, his development will take time and I cant wait until he is our number 1 striker. He does not deserve the award. If Hayter can chip in with say another 3 goals then I would vote for him. After all he now has the fastest league hatrick. I will vote for any Albion player when they deserve it and hopefully other fans can recognise it. Not just for the sake of getting an award.

exactamundo mr nelson.

Last edited:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
By the way, I thought Harding was OUTSTANDING on saturday. Bit nervous in the first half but after the break he made some really good tackles and won a few headers. Great block at the far post in the last 5 from a cross when Roberts was beaten.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
:clap2: :clap2:

Well said Mr Nelson indeed, how refreshing to see someone not jumping on a bandwagon

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Gary Nelson said:
Shit. I didnt realise that Hayter's window had come and gone!
Too late.

This is more a case of us recognising talent than anything else. Jake and Dan H certainly have that.

The Marney one was a bit silly and didn't help.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Falmer Dream said:
Too late.

This is more a case of us recognising talent than anything else. Jake and Dan H certainly have that.

The Marney one was a bit silly and didn't help.

how on EARTH can you say the marney one was silly.. but vote for jake?!?! he's played about 2 hours all month and hasnt scored.

yes i know hes very good, a great prospect and we werent expecting a goal a game but how can you then vote for him as player of the month!!

marney played more, whats the difference?!!!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How about making our good young players feel wanted, when they are quite clearly wanted by other clubs?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll vote for Jake..............

When he's a regular first teamer and he starts putting in some good displays. (Which will probably be next season).

I'd rather vote for Harding or Virgo to be honest.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
fatboy said:
How about making our good young players feel wanted, when they are quite clearly wanted by other clubs?

but there is making them feel wanted and making them a laughing stock to the league when they have quite clearly won an award by vote rigging and not by their performance.

like i said before, i just feel when jake scores 10 goals in april and we try and vote him player of the month it won't mean as much for him, winning his first award as he's already won one for playing 1 game in february.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here