skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I could be any of four colours. :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BNP apparently have a sensible policy, on NHS, just cut all the shit and get the money spent on the front line and keep cleaning in house. should have noted the "British" and "Foreign" in the other policies, but who can argue with those two points?

quite confused and disappinted by many of the policies that amount to "lets talk bollocks and measure lots of things". that really isnt the way to solve anything.

broadly tory.

Green, LD, LD, Labour

Confirms what I thought about myself - Fairly wide range of values, no one real party represents my views, really should vote Lib Dem.

However, Messers Bellotti and Baker along with Lewes District Council make this a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. Allied with the fact that they could offer free monkeys to every citizen, they will never get in so never have to be held to their manifesto.

Anyway, as the Audit Commission are making me redundant, I will be voting to whichever party wants to remove more of their powers! :angry::clap2:

On a wider note, partly because I couldn't be arsed to work my way through the questionnaire on a Sunday morning, it would be nice to think that people vote for policies not personalities.

But unfortunately they don't.

Having experienced quite a few general elections now (I'm older than I look!) it seems to me that a large number of people, maybe a majority but certainly a significant minority, seem to vote for three main reasons, in this order.

1 Vote against rather than for. Many Governments fall foul of this one, especially those who have been in power for a while. It's the I'll-vote-for-the-other-lot-they-can't-be-any-worse syndrome. Or even I will never vote Conservative/Labour/whatever.

2 Personalities. Like it or not, conscious or subconscious, this has a massive effect on who people vote for, which is why I think Labour will struggle with Gordon Brown. The upcoming leader debates will be massive for him, his policies will have to be much stronger than those offered by the other two arguably more personable men.

3 Policies.

Call me an old cynic but I really think this is the way things work. And as in my opinion Labour will struggle in the first two categories I think their days are numbered.

Until next time. 0r, more likely, the time after that. But there will come another time.

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
The trouble is that you can't remove personalities from politics.
Yet another reason to want Brown out of No 10 asap, although I have a terrible, terrible feeling that we haven't seen the last of him....

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Conservatives?

Health: Tory
Economy: Labour
Democracy: Tory
Environment: UKIP????!?!?!

For some reason I don't trust UKIP, they just seem like a more mellow BNP

in my opinion I am solely using it to test what party supports my morales, I am still too young to vote, so this is mainly good experience in policies

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Crime Green Party
Democracy Labour
Economy Green Party
Education Lib Dems
Environment Green Party
Europe Green Party
Health / NHS Conservatives
Immigration Labour
Welfare Lib Dems

Well thats set thingsdstraight

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On a wider note, partly because I couldn't be arsed to work my way through the questionnaire on a Sunday morning, it would be nice to think that people vote for policies not personalities.

But unfortunately they don't.

Having experienced quite a few general elections now (I'm older than I look!) it seems to me that a large number of people, maybe a majority but certainly a significant minority, seem to vote for three main reasons, in this order.

1 Vote against rather than for. Many Governments fall foul of this one, especially those who have been in power for a while. It's the I'll-vote-for-the-other-lot-they-can't-be-any-worse syndrome. Or even I will never vote Conservative/Labour/whatever.

2 Personalities. Like it or not, conscious or subconscious, this has a massive effect on who people vote for, which is why I think Labour will struggle with Gordon Brown. The upcoming leader debates will be massive for him, his policies will have to be much stronger than those offered by the other two arguably more personable men.

3 Policies.

Call me an old cynic but I really think this is the way things work. And as in my opinion Labour will struggle in the first two categories I think their days are numbered.

Until next time. 0r, more likely, the time after that. But there will come another time.

While not as experienced as you, I would probably bump policies down to fourth and put 'Vote for the Party' as third. I think there are people who vote out of this idea that neither they nor the party they first pick can change. They start voting for, say, conservative, and decide they are tory and vote that way without bothering to look at the policies or the candidates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports