Vote : Do users of NSC mind people using this to site to raise money for charities

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Can I post a fundraising link on here to raise money for a good cause or would you prefer to keep it football related ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thankfully NSC is NOT just 'football-related', those of us with other interests start enough threads to dilute the anoraks and bobble-hats. Think you should check with Bozza (the site owner) though before posting a link asking for money, no matter how worthy you personally think the cause is.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Maybe there should be a specific charity sub-section on NSC?......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've got a great collection of programmes from all the home and away games I went to in the late seventies , does that count ?

Some utterly ridiculous ideas and beliefs might help you more on this site.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't mind, I very rarely give as I don't know the people involved, but it doesn't offend me

No problem with it myself.

Word of warning though, don't ask for money if you're going to go off and do something like bungee jumping, climbing Everest or something most would love to do but have to pay for it themselves.:facepalm:

If however you were going to do a sponsored Javelin catching event I'd put some up, I'd even come and watch.:thumbsup:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pop the link in your signature.
Many do it from time to time (I've done it myself) and I'd be surprised if anyone found it offensive.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
another vote for javelin catching!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Wouldn't bother posting here mate , they're having trouble raising enough money for a Newcastle ticket .

By the way if you do , what % goes to the cause and not to the actual charity ?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
NSC has raised funds for many different charities since its inception but I don't think anyone would disagree with me if I said that the REMF, (Robert Eaton Memorial Fund), is the "adopted" charity if NSC. We, the REMF, are supported in an amazing way by an amazing group of NSC'ers who play football, golf, run marathons, do walks, cycle rides, quiz nights, donate, support, promote and many other ways to put money into the fund. We even have our own section to keep poeple up to date with events.

Check with Bozza first and good luck with your effort.

Tony, REMF Chairman.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly charity will suffer from next from me as I have had child allowance deducted

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
no voting options ???

Why not, if you don't ask, you don't get

I need to raise £750 for my charity, I'd noticed there are often being close to this number of users logged in to NSC [night & day], ONE pound from each would have got me over the line.
My plea for donations on NSC has now had 951 views with just two donations made totaling £40. I'm extremely grateful to those two, but the other 949 have decided not to donate, that's their choice.

A worthy cause for one, is of no interest to another - that's what makes us different, I guess.

Anyway, if you'd like to donate to my cause see: http://www.justgiving.com/Martin-Fears

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Pop the link in your signature.
Many do it from time to time (I've done it myself) and I'd be surprised if anyone found it offensive.

Just out of interest, do you think that putting it in your signature has significantly increased donations or is it difficult to tell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports