Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes + CMS

Stumpy Tim

i am in the minority that thinks they should not play together - better off with another midfielder - ESPECIALLY with bridders out.

Vokes and CMS are too similar - run around alot, don't come deep, and are both old fashioned centre forwards scrapping for oddbits in the penalty area.

This. Playing two wingers and two forwards simply wouldn't work at this level. Vokes must start as he's the only one who can hold the ball up, so that means CMS misses out.

What I don't understand is people who say that CMS needs Vicente etc. What evidence is there that makes people think this? The only two players who have shown me they're on the same wavelength as Vicente going forward are Buckley and Lua Lua. Navarro also seems to step up his game, but is obviously more defensive.

Against Burnely, I would go with:

-----------------------Brez-------------------------
Calderon-----Greer-------El-Abd---------Mattock
----------------------Navarro----------------------
Buckley-----Razak------Vicente----------Lua Lua
----------------------Vokes------------------------

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
look at barca - no real out and out striker - just have lots of unpredictable flair class in the final third when have the ball.

the days of 2 sturdy centre forwards standing on the half way line are nearly over.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As i said on another thread a week ago, he will change it to these two upfront (cms maybe on wing at times though). Everyone said I was wrong.

Lets see :)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would be interested to see 3 strikers like we played with Wood, Barnes, Murray in the cup games (watford, pompey) last season...Barnes on the left, Vokes in the middle, CMS on the right

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
look at barca - no real out and out striker - just have lots of unpredictable flair class in the final third when have the ball.

the days of 2 sturdy centre forwards standing on the half way line are nearly over.

yes, no out and out striker...

except that little one that scores 50+ goals a season :facepalm:

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
When Gus said about the change in shape thats what I initially thought. Can't see us going with wingers if we play both CMS and Vokes together maybe almost a diamond with Navarro sitting, then Dicker and Razak with Vicente behind the front two. Presuming whoever the person that said Barnes isn't playing was right.

...and Buckley ???

and is the press conference thing still going on when the player who does it never tends to start the next game?!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
yes, no out and out striker...

except that little one that scores 50+ goals a season :facepalm:

but he is not an out and out striker, he is all over the pitch that nutter is. he is about as far from a traditional UK centre forward as my nan is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here