Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes and CMS

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Is anyone else drooling at the prospect of a Vokes/CMS strike partnership or is it just me....:drool:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think it has the potential to be one of the top strike partnerships in the Championship. If Vokes signs permanently I also think they could do a job in the Premiership, which is something I'm sure Gus and Tony are looking for when bringing in new players as that is very much a possibility over the next couple of years. Even this year it could happen!

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4678848 said:
I think it has the potential to be one of the top strike partnerships in the Championship. If Vokes signs permanently I also think they could do a job in the Premiership, which is something I'm sure Gus and Tony are looking for when bringing in new players as that is very much a possibility over the next couple of years. Even this year it could happen!

Exactly this...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was drooling over Hoskins/CMS, especially after they had linked up so well in pre-season Portugal. If we keep Hoskins, then Hoskins/Vokes would be good to have available to CMS or even give CMS a breather and see if they can get a partnership going.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not drooling yet but mildly excited and hopeful that they can develop a partnership.

Also glad to have someone that is more mobille and able to head a ball than Paynter.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
CMS doesnt have to justify anything to me.. he gives 100% for the team. I dont care if he doesnt score, others will whilst he runs around dragging defences all over the pitch.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't think Vokes will start tomorow. He's unlikely to be match fit and it's not going to be a game to be pitched into cold.

Also, if Vokes and CMS are to play together then we will need to change either the way we set up, or change CMS's role. At least to start with, I think Gus will use Vokes as a sub for a Plan B approach.

PG

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I thought Paynter was going to bring the best out of CMS's goal scoring habits, so while I am delighted with the signing of Vokes, I am not getting too carried away or suddenly expecting them to be banging them in every week

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
CMS doesnt have to justify anything to me.. he gives 100% for the team. I dont care if he doesnt score, others will whilst he runs around dragging defences all over the pitch.

Exactly. And it is absolutely wonderful to watch the look of terror in a defenders eyes as they pick up what looks like an easy ball, only to have CMS appear as if by magic and challenge them. He's not a small lad for the speed he's got either, I'd probably be scared half to death if I saw him barrelling down on me.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex

Never doubted CMS's commitment or ability for one minute. I just think him and Sam will feed off each other and create far more goalscoring opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here