Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Vodafone and 3 to merge....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65842845

Urgh, less competition awaits...

On a personal level, I have been with both. They were fine until you needed to contact them with an issue.
I was with Vodafone at first and they were a complete mess. I've been with 3 for 15 years and they've been excellent. The customer service is one of the best I've encountered from a company. Let's hope the merger is more 3 than Vodafone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65842845

Urgh, less competition awaits...

On a personal level, I have been with both. They were fine until you needed to contact them with an issue.
Indeed, we have a current problem with Vodafone, (also applies to o2 customers l believe), in our area as there is currently no mobile coverage, things won't be back to normal until at least 19th of June l'm told.

However trying to speak to a human voice about it at Vodafone, is nearly an impossibility.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I was with Vodafone at first and they were a complete mess. I've been with 3 for 15 years and they've been excellent. The customer service is one of the best I've encountered from a company. Let's hope the merger is more 3 than Vodafone
Had nothing but trouble with 3 - got rid of them as soon as possible. Would not recommend them to anyone

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
8 marvellous years with Three, although more recently their signal /coverage seems to getting a bit shite. Never beaten on price in my experience.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Had nothing but trouble with 3 - got rid of them as soon as possible. Would not recommend them to anyone
Not been my experience at all - by far the best company I've had dealings with in the last decade.

I was impressed with them right from the outset when the woman serving me my first 3 phone gave me her own mobile number in case I had any problems and ever since then they've been excellent. Calling me with new deals - and not waiting until I threaten to leave (please note, Sky and Virgin), answering queries promptly (tell that to the company I was on the phone to yesterday for 55 minutes) and keeping me informed of any potential outages. New SIM cards are delivered the next day and just about everything runs smoothly - a model way to run a business.

And, no, I don't work for 3 or ever have.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Another vote here for Three having been quite good and Vodafone having been shocking. Just the slowest data services I’ve ever experienced.

Am deeply concerned at the loss of competition. Effectively makes EE the only competent supplier in the country. Expect price rises once the dust has settled.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Virgin and O2 have also merged so less choice if shopping around although there does seem to be plenty of small companies that piggy back the signal - not sure how that really works - lebara etc. they use the bigger networks but charge less????

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
8 marvellous years with Three, although more recently their signal /coverage seems to getting a bit shite. Never beaten on price in my experience.
I've been with them for 18 years. Never an issue. My contract is so cheap I don't notice the money going out.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Be interesting to see if they merge coverage
Use 3 personally Vodaphone for work
Might cover a few blank spots in both network s hopefully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here