Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vladimir Putin: gay people at Winter Olympics must 'leave children alone'

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Can't really argue with that though, can you?

Oh, of course, I forgot, in this modern PC world he is only permitted to communicate that message by revising his quote to "all people at Winter Olympics must 'leave children alone'".

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What position are we in to criticise Putin-

"Section 28 of the Local Government Act 1988 caused the controversial addition of Section 2A to the Local Government Act 1986 (affecting England, Wales and Scotland, but not Northern Ireland), enacted on 24 May 1988. The amendment stated that a local authority "shall not intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality" or "promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship"

Only repealed in 2000

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What position are we in to criticise Putin-

"Section 28 of the Local Government Act 1988 caused the controversial addition of Section 2A to the Local Government Act 1986 (affecting England, Wales and Scotland, but not Northern Ireland), enacted on 24 May 1988. The amendment stated that a local authority "shall not intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality" or "promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship"

Only repealed in 2000
The position of a country that has repealed such archaic (I know, it was 1988 but you know what I mean) legislation?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
how many dad's on here would let a homosexual man babysit for their young lad

the answer is none,if not your talking bollox

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

You can fook right off you narrow bigot......I can't believe you even managed to form that little thought.....your brain must be too miniscule surely.?!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

That's a joke right? It has to be a joke. Definitely a joke. :fishing:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
How on earth did they ever get the olympics let alone the world cup. Bungs anyone? ???

what a backward nation they really are.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you read it properly he's not actually saying that. The headline editor is paraphrasing.

He's saying that the law prevents homosexual propaganda being aimed at children, something which was debated over here a few years back.

He is quoted saying he'd like gay people to "leave children alone". He actually said that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Can't really argue with that though, can you?

Oh, of course, I forgot, in this modern PC world he is only permitted to communicate that message by revising his quote to "all people at Winter Olympics must 'leave children alone'".

What? Why should gay people "leave children alone"?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here