Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vítor Oliveira (Vitinha)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Starting to think Tony is going all in for Europe. Fancy three big signings tomorrow.
We know he's a gambler. What if this is it? This is the moment TB goes 'we are having this'. Keeping Moises and signing two or three big players would be an absolutely massive statement of intent.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Blue and white specs, I know, but we must surely be a more attractive option at this current time. Southampton are odds-on for relegation as things stand.
26DE2420-5DF4-4703-B829-C1878CD53A35.jpeg

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Looks good to me. Seen reports on Twitter that Saints have given up on him now that we're involved and are now going for Onuachu from Genk, the giant guy who I seem to remember also being linked with us in the past.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Look a like he would be an incredible signing but I can't see us parting with that kind of money so late in the window.

Looks to me like twitter chat to up his price before he goes to OM or elsewhere.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Portuguese paper now reporting our interest.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futeb...detalhe/brighton-entra-na-corrida-por-vitinha

Southampton have already made it known that they intend to beat Vitinha's release clause, worth 30 million euros, but they are not the only ones preparing a millionaire investment for the striker. Brighton, also from the Premier League, entered the race for the Sp. Braga during today and, until any deal is concluded, he promises to fight for his services.

According to Record, Brighton is willing to advance with the value of the termination clause, but in phased payments. Anyway, so the Sp. Braga is available for this, this is a negotiable premise, not least because the English are under the pressure of the closing of the market to find an alternative for the attack, since Evan Ferguson was injured in the recent meeting with Liverpool, and there are still no big certainties about how your recovery will evolve.

It should be noted that Brighton has been following Vitinha since the start of the season, having sent an emissary to Braga to observe the player live, for example, in the reception to Benfica on December 30, a match in which, curiously, Vitinha ended up entering the pitch only in the final stretch of the meeting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Look a like he would be an incredible signing but I can't see us parting with that kind of money so late in the window.

Looks to me like twitter chat to up his price before he goes to OM or elsewhere.
Just spending the Trossard money (almost exactly) on a like-for-like replacement but a newer model (by 6 years). No biggie.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Up his price when he has a buyout clause?
I dont know how it works with a buyout clause but surely if there's a number of clubs willing to meet it, there's nothing stopping another club coming in and offering more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Blue and white specs, I know, but we must surely be a more attractive option at this current time. Southampton are odds-on for relegation as things stand.
Not really, you'd expect him to choose us at this moment in time. I'm guessing he'd be first choice if young Fergie is out.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Just spending the Trossard money (almost exactly) on a like-for-like replacement but a newer model (by 6 years). No biggie.
Let's hope so, I just can't see us pulling it off unfortunately

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I dont know how it works with a buyout clause but surely if there's a number of clubs willing to meet it, there's nothing stopping another club coming in and offering more.
I don’t know if this helps or not:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I confess it's a new name for me. Part of me thinks that he can't be all that if Southampton are the best club in for him previously. Is that being unfair?

Also, I've got so used to us picking up superstars for peanuts, I'm slightly disappointed to learn we'd be prepared to pay £26m for somebody :lol:
Marseilles are also in for him

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here