Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vítor Oliveira (Vitinha)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ho long is Colwill out for ? I am more interested in a left footed centre half and left back cover than a striker at the moment, unless Ferguson is out a while
Most important position in RDZball and he's been vocal about that. It's obviously a priority for summer but would make sense to bring that forward.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yes.
"The Portugal Under-21 forward was a potential contingency option, depending on the extent of the injury sustained by 18-year-old Evan Ferguson in Sunday's FA Cup win over Liverpool.

Early indications are that the knee damage suffered by Ferguson in a tackle by Fabinho in the closing stages of Brighton's 2-1 victory at the Amex Stadium isn't as serious as initially feared."
via https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-deadline-day-january-live-news-deals/IgTGm0NVH9my/
Sorry not looking to be deliberately argumentative, but I don't believe the club were looking to spend/not spend 30M Euros on a player, depending on one injured players short term status. I suspect we HAVE met the release clause, but are still some way off agreeing terms. It is deadline day and a great opportunity for agents to suddenly up their demands given a potential bidding war. This is important for two reasons.

1 A Deal MAY still happen, it also MAY NOT.
2 Fans frustration that TB and the club are not prepared to spend big on transfers. It is equally important not to over pay on salary.

If he is prepared to go to Saints for a bigger salary, he is probably not the right player for us anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This guy better not be good !!
Imagine if we had signed Evan Ferguson in this window.
Sorry not looking to be deliberately argumentative, but I don't believe the club were looking to spend/not spend 30M Euros on a player, depending on one injured players short term status. I suspect we HAVE met the release clause, but are still some way off agreeing terms. It is deadline day and a great opportunity for agents to suddenly up their demands given a potential bidding war. This is important for two reasons.

2 Fans frustration that TB and the club are not prepared to spend big on transfers. It is equally important not to over pay on salary.

If he is prepared to go to Saints for a bigger salary, he is probably not the right player for us anyway.
Ok. . Take it up with The Athletic, Tslk Sport, various Brighton/Sussex outlets, etc all who have reported otherwise.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I totally believe we would spend that on a forward, didnt we offer similar for Nunez and that was a couple of years ago.

If the value is still there we will spend it.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes.
"The Portugal Under-21 forward was a potential contingency option, depending on the extent of the injury sustained by 18-year-old Evan Ferguson in Sunday's FA Cup win over Liverpool.

Early indications are that the knee damage suffered by Ferguson in a tackle by Fabinho in the closing stages of Brighton's 2-1 victory at the Amex Stadium isn't as serious as initially feared."
via https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-deadline-day-january-live-news-deals/IgTGm0NVH9my/
knee damage?? could've sworn it was his ankle

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's so frustrating if we don't get another forward in, we have Fergie who we have to manage his time otherwise he'll be burnt out so won't play constantly, we have Welbeck who is good, but nowhere near prolific and won't be able to play consistently, and Undav who isn't quite at the level required to play. Our best chance ever of getting into Europe and going far in the cup and we're not strengthening now? In any position let alone forward? Is IMO crazy and I hope it doesn't back fire on us.
We don’t seem to be having too much trouble scoring goals. Welbeck and Undav aren’t getting many of them 😉

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The Irish Independent also reporting that he had a knee scan. (and right leg )
Wow ok fair enough. It was such a cowardly jump tackle could have broken his leg, torn his Achilles or broken his ankle or done his ACL

But only a booking. 👏👏👏

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here