Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Vitality Blast 30.08.19 Sussex Sharks vs Glaaarstar at the County Ground Hove

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

phoenix

May 18, 2009
the game's gone mad when you can post 226-5 off 20 and still lose !

Somerset 226 = 175. But to be fair to Middlesex they have had a few 200's, in the competition.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought Jordan bowled the 19th could be wrong as not there but BBC has him down as bowling it

He might have bowled the 19th over but that was his 3rd over on the night, maybe there was a cock up on the maths but Topley had gone for more in his three than Jordan did in his three..... as you know, no one can bowl consecutive overs from opposite ends so maybe someone messed up ? seems odd to me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He might have bowled the 19th over but that was his 3rd over on the night, maybe there was a cock up on the maths but Topley had gone for more in his three than Jordan did in his three..... as you know, no one can bowl consecutive overs from opposite ends so maybe someone messed up ? seems odd to me.

Sussex do tend to use more than the minimum number of bowlers, so its not usual for Jordan to only bowl 3 overs. I think tonight that the bowling of Rawlins who took 2-19 off his 4 overs was the reason that the faster bowlers were down on their quota (Robinson only bowled 2 and Jordan 3).

Sussex also look for pace on the last over from the Cromwell Road end, Mills had been the usual go to bowler until his injury.

Just a shame for Topley that having bowled a very good yorker on the 5th ball of the final over , he got hit for 6 off the last ball, when another yorker was probably the ball to release

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here