Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

virus on here?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I was up working around 3am and had the same spammy Private Message so I insta-banned the culprit immediately.

We individually vet each and every new member manually to minimise the chances of spam, which is why NSC has very, very little compared to most forums. Occasionally one sneaks in. I'll see if I can find some sort of modification that will limit what a new member can do with PMs. It's tricky because we wouldn't want to stop a new member using PMs completely because often I'll get contacted by someone who has just joined who has a problem they need resolving.

The PM was very obviously spam, so I would hope anyone who received it just clicked 'delete'.

I received an email saying: 'Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.'

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
I was up working around 3am and had the same spammy Private Message so I insta-banned the culprit immediately.

We individually vet each and every new member manually to minimise the chances of spam, which is why NSC has very, very little compared to most forums. Occasionally one sneaks in. I'll see if I can find some sort of modification that will limit what a new member can do with PMs. It's tricky because we wouldn't want to stop a new member using PMs completely because often I'll get contacted by someone who has just joined who has a problem they need resolving.

The PM was very obviously spam, so I would hope anyone who received it just clicked 'delete'.

while you are at it could you dredge up my sydney account as it seems to have been deactivated/buried somehow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
while you are at it could you dredge up my sydney account as it seems to have been deactivated/buried somehow.

As I'm pretty sure I told you several times over - there is nothing wrong with that account at all. It's sitting there, in an identical state to c20,000 others including your new one.

You just need the password and you can log into it.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
As I'm pretty sure I told you several times over - there is nothing wrong with that account at all. It's sitting there, in an identical state to c20,000 others including your new one.

You just need the password and you can log into it.

ok mate....it ain't working.....when i try to change the password it won't accept it....i know i'm dumb , but i ain't stooopid...!! duh.........what do you think i have done with the password that i have been using since 2003 ...?? nothing.....it all started with these adverts...i am running chrome and firefox but have been logging in on firefox.....i think google has effed my account up some how.....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trivia question: What gender crossing hit did the namesake of this spammer write for Johnny Cash?

Far too easy, it was A Boy Named Sue, although given that this is a spammer, should this in fact be:

A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue A Boy Named Sue............

Anyway back on beam, just deleted the PM

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Everyone seems ok my end, dearest friends.

But if you could all PM me your bank account details so we can fix this church roof here in Mosombakawhilii, I promise to send back your £83 Million return on investment by the end of the week.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Thanks for prompt action.
What an idiot. Had appeared genuine enough up to this point :shrug:

(For any other computer illiterates like me.....).......Took me a minute to find the delete function under selected messages at the bottom of the page :lolol:

I still haven't managed to find my delete button

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I still haven't managed to find my delete button

Select the message by pressing on the box to its right then scroll down to the bottom of your list of notifications where there is a drop down menu on the right hand side (just like the one marked Quick Navigation when you scroll down this page). Click on that and you will.see the delete option. Click and the offending message is gone! :lolol:

Has anyone else's notifications and stuff moved to the left of the screen in plain text?

Was happening at work and now at home.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Has anyone else's notifications and stuff moved to the left of the screen in plain text?

yep mine too,
also during the day NSC just would not load at all, not on my I pad or on my px, seems ok now though

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mine was. Now back to normal in "Classic" at least. In "Modern" the notifications are in a black runner at the very top and largely invisible as a result.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

yep mine too,
also during the day NSC just would not load at all, not on my I pad or on my px, seems ok now though

I was playing with a few things earlier today and clearly stuffed some things up. Should be OK now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ok mate....it ain't working.....when i try to change the password it won't accept it....i know i'm dumb , but i ain't stooopid...!! duh.........what do you think i have done with the password that i have been using since 2003 ...?? nothing.....it all started with these adverts...i am running chrome and firefox but have been logging in on firefox.....i think google has effed my account up some how.....

Google has no power to eff up any NSC accounts. Your two accounts look exactly the same in the database. I will reset the password of 'sydney' myself now and log in with it to prove it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Google has no power to eff up any NSC accounts. Your two accounts look exactly the same in the database. I will reset the password of 'sydney' myself now and log in with it to prove it.

Bozza posting as 'sydney'.

I'll PM you the password.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here