Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo v Stockdale

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed I do. Numerous aways and homes his saves turned the game. Compound this with a lack of goals and BINGO.

He's made waaaay too any errors that have cost us goals and points. Hasn't been close to filling Kusch's boots for me and has had a very poor season in terms of keeper errors. Of course just my opinion and he has also made some crucial saves but too many mistakes for me. I think he'll do better next year but also think spending a million on him and letting Kusch go for nothing was shocking business

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Regarding Virgo, it was shortly after the Bournemouth game when he said Kayal going off didn't influence the outcome, it was at that point I realised he doesn't have a clue :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
He's made waaaay too any errors that have cost us goals and points. Hasn't been close to filling Kusch's boots for me and has had a very poor season in terms of keeper errors. Of course just my opinion and he has also made some crucial saves but too many mistakes for me. I think he'll do better next year but also think spending a million on him and letting Kusch go for nothing was shocking business

I am unaware of the facts surrounding PIG, but have heard the usual tittle-tattle. Overall they are similar in many respects with iffy kicking, but if we're getting down to nitty-gritty, wouldn't things have been different if PIG hadn't dropped his clanger v Brum?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me Virgo comes across as a bitter 'know it all' when commenting.
A posher Geoff Boycott.

There's saying how you see it and there's wilfully sticking the boot in for the sake of it.
The hatchet job he did on Jones' abilities as a manager was utterly shameless.

For that and many other reasons I'm Team Stockdale, and I haven't even read the thread.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Indeed I do. Numerous aways and homes his saves turned the game. Compound this with a lack of goals and BINGO.

Sorry mate the only games he turned were through his mistakes , and he has made loads , the bloke is a clown and probably the worse keeper I have seen in an Albion shirt he really is a crap keeper

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Cringe.

I can understand Virgo spouting off to a degree as he's now in the media and paid to give opinions, right or wrong as he is in this case.

But I don't understand why current players go on Twitter. They're just asking for trouble and although he seems a nice guy when interviewed, Stockdale's (who I do rate as a keeper) bleating on there is really annoying.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Team Stockers all the way, we don't need our pundits on the local radio laying into a side already devoid of confidence, very poor.

Nonsense. That's exactly what a mediocre team like this one needs: pointing out that they're not as good as they think they are, not sycophancy. Stockfail seems a bit of a stroppy nob doing this tbh.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sorry mate the only games he turned were through his mistakes , and he has made loads , the bloke is a clown and probably the worse keeper I have seen in an Albion shirt he really is a crap keeper

Let's agree to disagree, and thankfully for BHA there seems to be a few that are as misguided as myself.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

So we didn't benefit from Stickdale saving a penalty against Birmingham at 1-1, or a point blank save at HT against Derby when it was0-0?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's made some great saves and big blunders this season, his early season form in terms of goals to shots saved was terrible, I guess that's why he's with us and not a bigger team.

Virgo is opinionated and this Twitter spat is unedifying.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly my view. And he started having a row with the 'We are Brighton' account the other day from another tweet that they sent in the game - and didn't tag him in. He needs to give Twitter a break. And the goal at Wigan was his fault no matter what the lickers in there tell him...
Twitter trolls (like I played for celtic you know Virgo) and We are Brighton should think before posting as well, especially those who are paid for their opinion. About time SCR had a reshuffle as well.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So we didn't benefit from Stickdale saving a penalty against Birmingham at 1-1, or a point blank save at HT against Derby when it was0-0?

Oh great 2 saves , do you want me to list all his mistakes that have cost goals and points . By the way he is meant to be a keeper LOL and make the odd save , and in Stockdale case it is the odd save

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Oh great 2 saves , do you want me to list all his mistakes that have cost goals and points . By the way he is meant to be a keeper LOL and make the odd save , and in Stockdale case it is the odd save
I don't disagree and the mistakes were listed in another thread :)

Having said that, Stockdale does seem extremely sensitive to criticism, especially where he has clearly been at fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here