Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo gone - official

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Has been on the cards for a while and now, doesn't feature in online Argus edition as yet.
Hope that's not true as I still think he can do a job from the bench / as squad back-up, but if that's Gus' decision then I'm cool with it.....

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
shame, will never forget THAT goal, and all he has done for the club

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
fell out with Gus in training very early on...to fall from captain to to the door in 5 months is some going but forster managed it as well. I just hope Gus doesnt want to be the only strong character at the club

Feb 14, 2010
slow, dreadful ball control and couldn't pass the ball. He is a typical english center back. Thank god we have a foreign manager and its the right call to get rid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Serious question: was Virgo the sort of bloke who likes a drink? I suspect that's why Cox has gone.

Anyway, I get the feeling it isn't about strong or weak characters in the dressing room (as long as they're not disruptive), and more about players conducting themselves in the correct manner and playing as Poyet wants them playing.

You only have to look at the way he's changed our playing style over the past 3 months, and results have followed. And we've had some talented loan players literally itching to play for him. I reckon Lua Lua and Barnes will both be back, and these are players who have bounced back in the correct manner from being overlooked at their current clubs.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:(

Harsh on Virgs as he is a genuinely really nice lad and brighton through and through, but as Poyet has already proved, that means nothing if your not good enough for the team. And rightly so in my opinion. Thanks AGAIN for THAT goal. :clap:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Looking at what Poyet said about a 10% rise in budget, it also looks like the top earners are being offloaded like Virgo, Forster and maybe Kuipers?? This would free up what would seemingly feel a lot more than the 10%

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He always said he had big decisions to make - this will not be the only one.

Thanks Adam for all you have done.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Simster he was a drinker but seriously curtailed that during this season, worked hard and got himself back in the side then he made that silly challenge which might have been the final nail, along with his supposedly high wage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Virgo has been a terrific servant to the club, I'll be sad to see him go. He'll have no problem finding another L1 club, he's easily good enough to continue his career at this level.

If this is the calibre of player Gus is binning, I'm looking forward to seeing the quality of signings he'll be bringing in the summer.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A pity but not a shock. That 119th minute goal against Swindon is ingrained in the great history of the club.

Sadly, I genuinely think he paid for openly coming out in the press and slagging off Slade after he was sacked. I honestly think that Poyet took this into account when he took the captaincy off him.

Still, a real sign of intent from Poyet...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here