Oct 20, 2022
Live tracking

Any one watch the skies?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apologies if I missed it but surprised there hasn't been a thread on this historic event. First space launch from the UK. Guessing one of the reasons is that because we've elected to do it in the pitch black, there's bugger all to see other than a jumbo jet taking off!!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I guess timing is everything!!!
indeed because I started a thread before you - but we both missed the launch window 😂

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In other space news, I’m a bit pissed off I missed the massive red meteor fly over Sussex this evening. I was in the garden earlier with Rune Jnr and the bins checking out Mars, Jupiter and the Pleiades cluster but stargazing had ended when the meteor whizzed over. :(

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
5D759D21-1938-4908-8572-F9D0285F1D30.jpeg

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hope David Weir is on that space-thing and that he's bringing down the new Messi to Brighton.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Mission Ends in failure

Cosmic Girl lands back in Newquay​

In more positive news, Cosmic Girl has successfully landed back here at Spaceport Cornwall.
It set off from Newquay shortly after 10pm, and reached the drop point for LauncherOne - the rocket it was carrying - at just before 11.15pm.
The plane touched down back on the southwest coast of England less than two hours after its departure.
Despite news of LauncherOne running into problems, the aircraft was greeted by raucous applause by the hundreds of members of the public watching at the spaceport.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Newquay, we have a problem."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It didn't Orbit...its now an obit.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
More details here - adding to the space junk already cluttering near space as 9 satellites are ’lost’ - seems incredible though that this was the first ever orbital mission

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It just all seemed very British low-budget mild-comedy film funded by C4 and the National Lottery: an old reconditioned Jumbo jet wheezing down a little-used runway in Cornwall, then desperately trying to fling some satellites up high enough into the sky…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
LIke most Virgin's first time, it all ended too quickly before true satisfaction

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm well up for all this space stuff and watch every Space-x launch. Those rockets coming back down and landing is incredible.
But a question. When Space-x rockets separate all those miles above earth small objects can be seen rushing by. What are they (don't say aliens please)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here