Virgin Media.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've tested my Virgin broadband during peak times and suffered little loss of performance (about 0.3MB download, upload still the same) at all.
As an ex cable engineer, I can tell you that where you live does affect your internet and cable tv services...especially if you live on the edge of the network area. How far you live away from your local block node (those green boxes in the street) will affect your services too.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
We have Virgin Media for Phone, Internet and TV. Can't really fault it.
On a pretty good package for all three as well.

Our broadband doesn't seem to suffer at different times of day.

Regarding customer service, only had to contact them twice;

1) When they sent out the new smart cards, we couldn't get ours to work. Called them up, was on hold for about 5 minutes (which is respectable IMO), talking to them for about 2 minutes, and it was fixed within another 3.

2) We forgot to pay two of our bills (was away), so had amounted a large invoice, with 2 late payment charges. We said we couldn't afford to pay it all in one go. They explained that until it was all paid off, we'd be receiving a late payment charge on each monthly bill, and then offered to knock £30 off the invoice if it meant we could pay it in one go. So not only saving us £30 there and then, but also £10 each month until we could pay it all off.

Mum has Sky, says the actual usage is fine, but their customer service is awful.

Hope this helps!

D

Deleted User X18H

Virgin is a lot better than sky. A lot.

This. You can record two and watch another for one thing. Watch BBC I player on T.V. There is also a massive library of recent and classic programs to catch up on.

The broadband and phone are really good to.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Check out this webpage and the "where and when" link at the top and you'll see that Openreach (BT) is rolling out their superfast next generation network and the Brighton and Hove is planned to receive this later this year.

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/

This will allow you to get the BT Infinity broadband product and with it the phone and BT Vision TV package http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do;JSESSIONID_ecommerce=q4h3L4WWQpmGJ220y8trRF1nLGc4xknRG80Qlj765CPwJn2mFYZv!164234126?topicId=29019:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports