Virgin Media.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Coming back to Brighton and am looking at complete cable/broadband/phone deals. Am compatible for Virgin,anyone offer advice please,on that or other options. Merci.:wave:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
We use them, get a good deal, HD is no extra cost and apparantly all sky sports HD channels coming through in the summer. The on demand and catch up tv are both far better than Sky offer however one minor gripe is that films on Sky Movies are not broadcast in 5.1 as they are on Sky (if applic)

Best deals can be found online here: Virgin Media Shop - : Broadband, on-demand cable TV, home mobile phones

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
While the TV stuff is decent, their cable internet service leaves a lot to be desired. They throttle downloads a lot at peak times.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
While the TV stuff is decent, their cable internet service leaves a lot to be desired. They throttle downloads a lot at peak times.

Never had any problem with throttling, been with the service since it was NTL (although that means I have a crappy NTL TV box that keeps freezing up).

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Had to switch from virgin to sky recently due to moving home and virgin is not available in my area.

After experiencing both, I would definately recommend Virgin.

(also you are not lining Rupert Murdochs pockets)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, I can't fault them for anything other than customer service. I think it is absolutely terrible, the moment something goes wrong you're in the hands of people a LONG way away. Their engineers are fantastic, but their call centre staff, well. Rubbish isn't too strong a word in my opinion.

Their TV, phone and Internet deals are brilliant though, and I would recommend them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I can't fault them for anything other than customer service. I think it is absolutely terrible, the moment something goes wrong you're in the hands of people a LONG way away. Their engineers are fantastic, but their call centre staff, well. Rubbish isn't too strong a word in my opinion.

Their TV, phone and Internet deals are brilliant though, and I would recommend them.

My mum has Virgin but I cant get it in Haywards Heath and would say her Virgin is better than my sky. She had HD installed on Thursday and couldnt get anything on her TV. I phoned anmd they said they couldnt get anybody ther to look at it until Monday or Tuesday which I thought wasnt good enough. Phoned thios morning ready to ruck but they said they would send the installation man back today, which they did and all is now well, So well done Virgin but no thanks to Customer Services Call Centre.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Disagree. My virgin broadband runs at 10 mb all the time
How far are you from the exchange box?

Virgin broadband pisses over all there main rivals.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
package i have is= xl tv,20 mg broadband,unlimited calls and v+ box hd etc,my bill is never more than 56 quid,superb all round service

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Thankyou for your encouraging comments........anything better than over here in this 3rd world country,not even broadband!

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
There is also a very good cashback deal with Virgin. Book online through Quidco - The UK's Most Popular Cashback Site or Top CashBack - The UK's Most Generous CashBack Site
and when purchasing the whole package of tv/broadband/phone you will get cashback paid into your bank account of about £160

We have Virgin HD and it is awesome. The facility to watch all the catch up services on your tv is brilliant, plus their TV on demand is very good, containing full series and one off programmes

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There is also a very good cashback deal with Virgin. Book online through Quidco - The UK's Most Popular Cashback Site or Top CashBack - The UK's Most Generous CashBack Site
and when purchasing the whole package of tv/broadband/phone you will get cashback paid into your bank account of about £160

We have Virgin HD and it is awesome. The facility to watch all the catch up services on your tv is brilliant, plus their TV on demand is very good, containing full series and one off programmes
But Virgin hardly have many HD channels unlike sky i thought?

alan917

Aug 5, 2005

My internet through Virgin can be very slow at times to the point of a simple command you have time to make a cup of tea before it is done. But there was an article in the Argus a couple of months ago that if you live in BN2 post code they did have problems with the slowness of internet, but saying that the last couple of weeks it has speedied up a lot so maybe they have sorted that out.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
But Virgin hardly have many HD channels unlike sky i thought?

The only main ones that are on Sky not Virgin are Sky Movies/Sports/Sky1 and Sky news

And apparantly Sky Sports will be on Virgin from later this summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports