Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Virgin Media TV Customers - not much to watch at the moment!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
My deal is up in March but I want to strip the package I pay for right back to the minumum so I'll have to do the old phone haggle. Currently paying £70 for broadband, TV and landline. Anyone got a good basic deal I can quote them?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not Virgin TV but internet, but if anyone got the email today saying prices are going up from March by £8.50 per month, I followed the link and it takes you to a page here:

View attachment 143637

Called through to that number and there is an automated option (after selecting you want to cancel) to have a £9.00 per month discount applied to your pacakage for 6 months without altering your term or penalty period, literally press 1 to apply it! Took about 2 minutes and didn't even speak to anyone.

My contract will have run out by then and I'll be cancelling anyway but nice to not get caught up in the current round of price hikes! Hope it helps someone else.

Got that on Friday…rung up..offered same £9 ..but held on to speak to someone and got a bigger discount :shrug: …also found out that as I’m a O2 mobile customer they could double my broadband speed and my double my data allowance ….of course it would have been nice of them to let me know beforehand:moo:

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Could you post the link, i deleted my email!!!!

Not Virgin TV but internet, but if anyone got the email today saying prices are going up from March by £8.50 per month, I followed the link and it takes you to a page here:

View attachment 143637

Called through to that number and there is an automated option (after selecting you want to cancel) to have a £9.00 per month discount applied to your pacakage for 6 months without altering your term or penalty period, literally press 1 to apply it! Took about 2 minutes and didn't even speak to anyone.

My contract will have run out by then and I'll be cancelling anyway but nice to not get caught up in the current round of price hikes! Hope it helps someone else.

Could you post the link, i deleted my email!!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Big advocate for ditching the whole Sky / VM TV boxes. Get decent broadband only and let your smart TV or smart stick do the rest. Now TV Boost allows you to live stream 3 devices at once, and 6 devices on 1 account. Easy to share with family or friends and reduce costs. Freeview and streaming services give you 'no contract' control of your monthly outgoings. Saving for a few months? then ditch some services, or swap and change. Maybe have Sky Cinema for a couple of months, once bored switch to Netflix. Get out of these whole 18 or 24 month contracts of £70+ pcm that they push push push. They do so for a reason, and they cut the costs if you push hard enough for a reason - they still make plenty out of you for the duration of your contract.

Feel completely freed up having no large contract hanging over us other than £25 pcm for broadband. Tesco clubcard doing vouchers for Disney+, share Netflix with my Dad, share NowTV Sky Sports with my bro-in-law.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Big advocate for ditching the whole Sky / VM TV boxes. Get decent broadband only and let your smart TV or smart stick do the rest. Now TV Boost allows you to live stream 3 devices at once, and 6 devices on 1 account. Easy to share with family or friends and reduce costs. Freeview and streaming services give you 'no contract' control of your monthly outgoings. Saving for a few months? then ditch some services, or swap and change. Maybe have Sky Cinema for a couple of months, once bored switch to Netflix. Get out of these whole 18 or 24 month contracts of £70+ pcm that they push push push. They do so for a reason, and they cut the costs if you push hard enough for a reason - they still make plenty out of you for the duration of your contract.

Feel completely freed up having no large contract hanging over us other than £25 pcm for broadband. Tesco clubcard doing vouchers for Disney+, share Netflix with my Dad, share NowTV Sky Sports with my bro-in-law.

This is the way I’ll be going, but for now I need a landline for a house member and do take sky/bt sports … very rarely do I use the tvbox….give it a couple of years and I’ll be paring the service back to just broadband and using some dodgy stream for football

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've not tried the TV this morning but CAN get into my account online...they are a bit vague about the issue, but seem to think it won't be fixed today:

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 11.10.14.png

Thought I'd share this for those affected, particularly if they can't check online.

I did try and register for updates but they couldn't complete this due to a technical error! :facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
[/QUOTE]

Have they blamed BT yet. When my mother in law was with them years ago she had a direct Virgin feed into her house. It went off for a couple of days and the said they were awaiting BT which seemed very odd when it was their own network. The Virgin eng fessed up and said it was them but the problem kept occurring. Went back yo BT and no problem since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here