Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Media - customer service.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I've been with Virgin for 10 years or so and have always found their customer service excellent.

There haven't been many faults but the few we've had were corrected over the phone and the one time we needed an engineer, he turned up on time, the next day.

I have no complaints at all

I have had nothing to complain about since switching to Virgin

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Mother in law was with Virgin. When ever she lost service they blamed BT even though it was full virgin fibre cable with no BT involvement whatsoever. She had no service for 3-months as they kept up the BT lie. Got her connected to BT and ditched Virgin and no problems ever since

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
July 27th I asked for an unlock code for my mothers mobile phone, as of today they still have not provided it, Call them every few days and get fobbed of with ' Its a back office issue' no promised call backs from managers ever happen.
Just some foreign call centre with extremely polite people reading flow charts and saying repeatedly ' thanks for the information Sir'

Bunch of twats

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
While we are on the subject on providers, I just signed up to sky internet for £17 including line rental with no tv. Had a phone call to add tv and haggled to an extra £18 for whole package (sports and movies) normally £50.

Moral of the story is - if you want sky TV and Internet, sign up with just Internet first and they will no doubt ring you and offer you a much cheaper deal for the tv than normal.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
July 27th I asked for an unlock code for my mothers mobile phone, as of today they still have not provided it, Call them every few days and get fobbed of with ' Its a back office issue' no promised call backs from managers ever happen.
Just some foreign call centre with extremely polite people reading flow charts and saying repeatedly ' thanks for the information Sir'

Bunch of twats

Don't they also add "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ask someone in the curious position of being a Sky and a Virgin Media customer, I have to say VM's customer service is much better.

EVERYONE'S customers services is better than Sky.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As a long time Sky customer i made the switch over to Virgin Media after moving into a new house. It's turned out to be a very bad decision. It has been shockingly bad. After several weeks waiting for installation and connection, an engineer came to set up , turned up very late, terrible attitude and couldn't even be bothered to either explain or set up properly complaining he was well behind schedule for the day, not even carrying phone leads so the phone didn't work at all. Virgin boast of a super fast on-line speeds but it didn't work as it should ( much, much slower than advertised claims). After a few days the Virgin box on the outside wall just fell off. Eventually after numerous calls ( where you have to wait for ages) The engineer came again, a month later, and still didn't fix the bloody internet. As a result the stuff we watch on the TV via the Internet is of terrible quality and Virigin Media now refuse to come out again, instead blame my brand new K4 state of the art TV. My experience is that Virgin Media is a risibly piss poor company who couldn't care less about its customers. I have to wait a year or so before going back to Sky.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh Virgin Media. As far as I know, no longer connected to Branson so seemingly not that bothered about customer service anymore. At least twice this year we have been without service for over a week (it seems like engineers only do Brighton on a Thursday). Both times compensation was offered but sums not mentioned. Having checked through the money they take, I can see no compo so I ring them and eventually get somebody who apologises and will "sort it out"

After some pressing, he tells me there will be a credit of £10.00 and this is not just for the one occasion but for both!!! So each loss iof service, of over a week, gets me a fiver off the bill. Isn't that more shonkey even than the railways?

Can I speak to complaints, no, don't work Sundays. Can I email? No, they don't do emails (media????)

Appalling service, worth considering if you're thinking of becoming a customer.
Branson was only ever a minority shareholder I think. That's how Virgin operates a lot of the time, licensing the brand to someone else. If you trace the history of the company back, it's actually now back in the hands of one of the original owners.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Coincidentally, had a fault this morning, no TV channels working. Tried turning it off and on - no joy. Rang up Virgin customer service, spoke to someone who was really helpful and it was fixed within 20 minutes.

What was really impressive is that she didn't use my first name to speak to me but my middle name (the one I use). I didn't tell her that so the company must have a record that the name on the account is not the one to use - that's pretty organised, most companies I deal with can't do that

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I had a few issues with them when setting up broadband in the English home. I explained to them there is no fibre in the house so they'd need to send out a team to do the fibre install. Anyway on the day of the install I got a call from the engineer saying he couldn't complete the job because there wasn't any fibre. This happened twice after this with subsequent visits until finally I got a call from an English person in the local area who was in charge of the installations who personally came out to do the install.

Head of complaints is paul.painton@virginmedia.co.uk

Email him, you'll soon get a response from a PA. I got 3 months free internet.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I had a few issues with them when setting up broadband in the English home. I explained to them there is no fibre in the house so they'd need to send out a team to do the fibre install. Anyway on the day of the install I got a call from the engineer saying he couldn't complete the job because there wasn't any fibre. This happened twice after this with subsequent visits until finally I got a call from an English person in the local area who was in charge of the installations who personally came out to do the install.

Head of complaints is paul.painton@virginmedia.co.uk

Email him, you'll soon get a response from a PA. I got 3 months free internet.

Thank you for that. Very useful to know and more help than I've had from Virgin Media in months. They should hire you to go and work for them!!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Our virgin phone line stopped working ages ago coinciding exactly with our neighbour signing up to their services. Subsequently a hacked off virgin engineer confirmed that the local cabinet was completely full and they had used my phone line to get the new customer on board. Engineers were sent out to cable me to an alternative cabinet located in the other direction but they were unable to do this as the conduit had collapsed and they couldn't pull an additional cable through. What followed was nothing but lies, half truths and failure to carry out agreed works. Some of the excuses were beyond funny, in particular when I was told that the shop in front of which they would have to dig up to sort this out had complained successfully to the council delaying the work for yet another month. The only problem with this was that I actually own that particular shop! That bit was fun. Anyhow it was 19 months before I got a working landline back and, oddly enough, they never actually did dig up the road. Someone else on the same cabinet cancelled and I got their connection.

I was gutted. 19 months of not having to pay for a landline I didn't actually want was a real bonus. :D

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They are ok as long as nothing changes and you don't need help.

The moment you try to get hold of someone for something then its a painful painful process made worse if you then have to get hold of them again about the same issue(s)

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
Had an issue with them recently. On a Saturday discovered could not dial out on our landline Had to get their service lot via pay as you go mobile phone. Told nothing could be done until following Wednesday, 5days away. Argued, but no joy. Wednesday came, technician came, said had sorted it, made three out going calls and same problem back, by which time man had gone. Yet again mobile phone call to foothills of Himalayas. Man can come on Monday, again five days away. I went berserk and they agreed, that as a special favour they could send a man on Friday. Friday came, fault identified but could not be repaired by technician as it needed two technicians to deal with it. Two technicians eventually arrived and sorted it out - until the whole Virgin network went down in this area. We eventually got a working phone Friday night. So no landline for a week and Virgin not interested. Have emailed Paul Painton, but no response so far. Virgin should be ashamed, but they won't be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here