Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Virgil van Dijk banned for additional game for his "improper manner"

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What he do?

Jog off in an offensive tone of voice?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good. I'm sick of players mouthing off at the officials. Skipper only allowed to talk to the referee, and it isn't a new rule.
It's happened to us (Tanno told the ref he was an effing cheat) so it should happen on a regular basis. If it did, players would soon stop.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do clubs actually pay such fines? Players and agents insist as part of t’s and c’s any such fines ultimately get paid by clubs, VVD certainly not £100k ‘worse’ off is my understanding of player fines at PL level. I stand corrected however by anyone who really knows, so do comment accordingly!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
So how many League games is he suspended for? 3 plus an extra 1?
If so, the league game against us will be the his first league game back?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
1 for the DOGSO red card, plus 1 for the misconduct = 2.

Only violent conduct and serious foul play get a 3 game ban.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do clubs actually pay such fines? Players and agents insist as part of t’s and c’s any such fines ultimately get paid by clubs, VVD certainly not £100k ‘worse’ off is my understanding of player fines at PL level. I stand corrected however by anyone who really knows, so do comment accordingly!
i cant see why you'd think that's the case, why would clubs allow players to exempt themselves like that?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i cant see why you'd think that's the case, why would clubs allow players to exempt themselves like that?
I can.

Some players don't have relegation clauses, even when they sign for clubs that are likely to be fighting relegation, because it gives the club an edge in signing them. If it gives a club an edge in signing a player, why not include a clause that they pay the FA fines?

Further, if you're a club that wants their players to give their all and see bending, or pushing the rules as part of that, why not offer to pay for when they go a little too far?

Do I think Liverpool are paying his fine? No. But I can certainly see a degree of logic in it being considered a thing a club might do (not knowing if there are any rules in place to stop such things - and I can equally see it being a rule, but can't be bothered to look it up).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because top players hold all the cards. All. Their demands are met. Or they don’t sign. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here