Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vintage

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's now used in fashion too to justify sticking a premium on. Go to Son of Stag in Brick Lane and you'll see vintage jeans costing sometimes triple the normal price. Who the bleeding hell pays £350 for a pair of jeans?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
... denoting a higher quality.

As far as I have ever been aware, 'vintage' has never meant 'cheap or second-hand'. It might to in HT's universe, but never mine. Interesting manipulation of the language.

Hopefully I explained my context earlier. I agree my initial post was poorly worded but my point is that a few years ago my wife would go to Snoopers Paradise or North Laine to get some vintage and dusty items. I'm not talking wine or cars, but dusty jumble sale items and she would often get a bargain. In fact she would always get a bargain. Her and her friends would refer to their items as vintage. Your "HT universe" comment implies I am totally on my own with this usage of the word. Am I really just talking to myself here? Does no one else get what I'm saying?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
... denoting a higher quality.

As far as I have ever been aware, 'vintage' has never meant 'cheap or second-hand'. It might to in HT's universe, but never mine. Interesting manipulation of the language.

Not sure you jump to higher, a year can be a poor vintage. If you strip it down you have vin and age with a useless? 't' in the middle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here