Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vincent Kompany to Bayern

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Seems like an odd choice but there must be lots of very capable managers who have failed at clubs with poor squads.

I don't think there's a manager in the football league who couldn't keep man city's squad in the top 10 and Kompany would probably have had them competing in the top 4.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And a vast majority of Albion fans would have been unhappy with him, I'm sure!
Every time he spoke in interviews at Burnley, I really admired his calm and measured interviews. He's a smart fella.

Tactically I wasn't so Impressed in ploughing on with a strategy that wasn't working.

Gobsmacked Bayern would want him

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Too similar to Dezerbi with sticking to his tactics when the players don't have the quality to carry it off. Conversely, might do better at a giant like Bayern...

Last edited:

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Every time he spoke in interviews at Burnley, I really admired his calm and measured interviews. He's a smart fella.

Tactically I wasn't so Impressed in ploughing on with a strategy that wasn't working.

Gobsmacked Bayern would want him
Maybe he knew there was a job in the offing and didn't actually give a f*** about Burnley being relegated. Gave off similar vibes when underachieving at Anderlecht before Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here