Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot fined ?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Did I hear that Vincelot was fined 2 weeks wages for his punch against Burnley or did I dream it ? Cannot find mention of it on here.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Did I hear that Vincelot was fined 2 weeks wages for his punch against Burnley or did I dream it ? Cannot find mention of it on here.

Then I assume Tarricco was fined the same amount for his slap on a Burnley player just after they scored???

I'd be pretty f***ed off if I was Vincelot otherwise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe that says a lot about your own personal attitude, Husty. Vincelot punched someone off the ball (allegedly), he shot his team in the foot. 2 week fine? Deserved. Barnes deserved the same, they both cost us a chance of winning that game. If they have a problem with that, that won't be the only problem they have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe that says a lot about your own personal attitude, Husty. Vincelot punched someone off the ball (allegedly), he shot his team in the foot. 2 week fine? Deserved. Barnes deserved the same, they both cost us a chance of winning that game. If they have a problem with that, that won't be the only problem they have.

It was more a little dig than a punch. If that's a red most games will be 8 / 9 players per team b the end. Hope / sure he wouldn't have been fined.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was more a little dig than a punch. If that's a red most games will be 8 / 9 players per team b the end. Hope / sure he wouldn't have been fined.

Discipline is important in the dressing room though, you can't have your players getting themselves sent off after 5 minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Discipline is important in the dressing room though, you can't have your players getting themselves sent off after 5 minutes.

He didn't deserve to get sent off. The Burnley bench and an interfearing 4th official got him sent off. Save fines for when they're really deserved, such as most of Murray's reds he got for us lol

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

What, because I think both players should recieve the same penalty, even though one incident went unpunished on the pitch whilst one was caught?

What are you smoking and can I have some?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He didn't deserve to get sent off. The Burnley bench and an interfearing 4th official got him sent off. Save fines for when they're really deserved, such as most of Murray's reds he got for us lol

He did enough to get sent off. The line has to be drawn somewhere, personally, I would suggest that fining a player for getting sent off after 5 minutes isn't too unreasonable. If he kicks off, maybe he's the wrong sort of personality or character for the dressing room. There's a lack of discipline at this club at the moment.

What, because I think both players should recieve the same penalty, even though one incident went unpunished on the pitch whilst one was caught?

Don't know the incident you're referring to, but I'm sure it happened.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He did enough to get sent off. The line has to be drawn somewhere, personally, I would suggest that fining a player for getting sent off after 5 minutes isn't too unreasonable. If he kicks off, maybe he's the wrong sort of personality or character for the dressing room. There's a lack of discipline at this club at the moment.

Don't know the incident you're referring to, but I'm sure it happened.

We got 2 men sent off, Vincelot should be punished I agree, then Tarricco gets yellowed for dissent (stupid) then Burnley score, and then he slaps the nearest Burnley player on the cheek, which could easily have been a second yellow and us down to 8 men. All I'm saying, is that if we are going to punish Vincelot with a fine, we SURELY have to give Tarricco the same punishment, the fact Vincelot got a red for his and Tarricco got away with it shouldn't make a difference, do you agree?

I agree with you there is a discipline issue, but it comes from the management, Poyet and Tarricco do not have the right attitude and it rubs off on the players.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

no way did barnes deserve the same...so can't disagree more with u on that

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We got 2 men sent off, Vincelot should be punished I agree, then Tarricco gets yellowed for dissent (stupid) then Burnley score, and then he slaps the nearest Burnley player on the cheek, which could easily have been a second yellow and us down to 8 men. All I'm saying, is that if we are going to punish Vincelot with a fine, we SURELY have to give Tarricco the same punishment, the fact Vincelot got a red for his and Tarricco got away with it shouldn't make a difference, do you agree?

I agree with you there is a discipline issue, but it comes from the management, Poyet and Tarricco do not have the right attitude and it rubs off on the players.

blimey i nearly agree with u re Tarricco...i must go lay down

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

As I said, didn't see the slap you're referring to, but I would agree with you if that happened. Something needs to be done, we can't keep getting bookings and yellow cards all over the place, especially considering how stupid most of them have been. It's not like Bridcutt's 5 yellows have been him enforcing the midfield and committing the occaisonal tactical foul, they've been for petulant fouls and the occaisonal chatback. Not singling Bridcutt out, but he emphasises my point rather nicely.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
blimey i nearly agree with u re Tarricco...i must go lay down

Aww, I was looking forward to you blindly dissagreeing with me, thankfully you just had to stick that nearly in there, so i'll continue feeling smug.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He left us with 9 men, whatever you think of the incident, he got sent off. He basically cost us a reasonable chance of winning the match.

eh....he wasn't responsible for that nutter of a referee sending him off...the way that ref was going he would hav booked u for farting...so therefore not responsible ....''whatever i think of the incident''...is relevant..or i wudnt think he wasn't responsible..lol

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Aww, I was looking forward to you blindly dissagreeing with me, thankfully you just had to stick that nearly in there, so i'll continue feeling smug.

lol...nah ya spot on about tanno..and u missed the bit about him having a bit of a verbal spat in 2nd half :) ...i had a fiver on him going off with the person behind me

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
eh....he wasn't responsible for that nutter of a referee sending him off...the way that ref was going he would hav booked u for farting...so therefore not responsible ....''whatever i think of the incident''...is relevant..or i wudnt think he wasn't responsible..lol

How dare you accuse me of farting. I sit in the East!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tanno and Vincelot situation is totally different because one was seen and got sent off and let the team down the other didnt. So it is right that Vincelot should be fined but not Tarrico. Nobody in life ever got punished for doing wrong they always get punished for getting caught doing wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here