Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot & Bridcutt in midfield 442?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Roman and Liam in the middle of the park? Do yo think it could work?

..................... Ankergren .......................

Reyes ........ Greer ...... Dunk ......... Tarrico

Buckley ..... Bridcutt .... Vincelot ...... Noone

.................. Hoskins ... CMS ....................

Bench: Brez, Calderon, Navarro, Lua Lua, Barnes

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It sounds good, but I'd personally prefer:

----------------Ankergren----------------

Calderon-----Greer-----Dunk-----Vincelot

Buckley--Bridcutt--Vicente--Reyes--Noone

--------------Mackail-Smith--------------

With the midfield in an M or W shape, depending on your perspective.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
better still

....................... Ankergren .....................

calderon ...... Greer ...... Dunk ....... vincelot

............... Bridcutt ....... reyes ...............

buckly ............... vicente ............... noone

.......................... CMS ........................

brez - tanno - lualua - nav - hoskins

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4551612 said:

It does not look too bad for a backs-against-the-wall trip to Middlesbrough. I think if Dunk keeps on getting lured out of position, I would be tempted to play Adam El-Abd in the defence.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

That would be the side I would play in the next game, and as I called the last 7 home subs Lord gus to the letter, its obvious me and Gus think alike (except where barnes is concerned as I would have have Paynter on the bench) so I wouldn't rule it out!!:lolol:

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom

Can be shuffled to

.....................Ankergren .......................

Tarrico ........ Greer ...... Dunk ......... Vincelot

Buckley ..... Bridcutt .... Reyes ...... Noone

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think the advantage of having Vincelot is that we can make use of his heading prowess and stealing into the box. In midfield he can get forward and be a threat, at full back we completely lose that threat. Didn't he have something like 15 goals for Dagenham last season, mostly headers...

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
but when he came on as a sub the other day, it was left back and he managed to score thats the beauty with him he has got defensive and attacking powers, hes also got very good speed unlike our other fullbacks when he goes on an attack he can get back in time which is why we will be seeing him as left back more in the future

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
I've been saying this for weeks. His performances to date have earned him the right to start and it's in the middle of the pitch where we've been weakest of late. He is intelligent, brave and skilful - just what we need in midfield. Allowing him to chip in with a few more goals would be nice too

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
but when he came on as a sub the other day, it was left back and he managed to score thats the beauty with him he has got defensive and attacking powers, hes also got very good speed unlike our other fullbacks when he goes on an attack he can get back in time which is why we will be seeing him as left back more in the future

That was from a set piece though, I think he'd be dangerous ghosting into the box from midfield such as he did to set up Buckley yesterday...

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I cant see why we cant play 4-4-2 every game with Buckley on one side and either Noone or Lua Lua on the other wing ,we wont lose the midfield any more than we are now ,if we can get good crosses in we will more attempts on goal than we are now ,they can come back inside like Buckley does to score goals .Man Utd have played with wingers for years and they have been very successful but as we know they have to track back as well .I think Albion fans know who our best players are now if we discount Vicente as we dont know what is going on at the moment Buckley,Reyes ,Vincelot ,Hoskins ,CMS,Bridcutt, Greer, Dunk IMO should start games with Vincelot in midfield .

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We scored our winner against Forest because for the first time in the game, one of our central midfielders got ahead of the ball. Prior to that Navarro and Bridcutt who both done OK just sat and protected the back four. Certainly worth playing Vincelot or Reyes in there to give us a bit more energy and workrate in midfield.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Vincelot has always given us something extra when he's been on the field - I'd like to see him start, but I think Gus sees him as the perfect sub, due to his versatility. I don't think we're likely to see the 4-4-2 formation unless Gus feels one of the wingers is able to put in the all-action displays we saw from Bennett last season (ie. defensive tracking/building attacks/feeding strikers - both wide and centrally). At the moment I'm not sure we have two CMs strong enough to hold that area of the pitch without getting dominated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here