Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa's new manager is...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sorry got mixed up. Its old age crept up on me as a year older today.

That is on tactics needed but I made a mistake on the manager, probably had a brainstorm if I had a brain in operation.

Who cares if one makes mistakes, you've become a great grandfather again, enjoy the ride.
Everyone has a 'senior moment' every now and then, doesn't matter what age you are :)
I'm nearly 50, I have forgetful.............................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who cares if one makes mistakes, you've become a great grandfather again, enjoy the ride.
Everyone has a 'senior moment' every now and then, doesn't matter what age you are :)
I'm nearly 50, I have forgetful.............................

Same here, never mind. But we still haven't found out who this Celta Vigo manager is.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Local press have it down to Bruce, Warner, (Dean) Smith and (Nathan) Jones.
Surprisingly maybe, not talking of Steve Clarke other than as a caretaker for one or two games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprisingly maybe, not talking of Steve Clarke other than as a caretaker for one or two games.

Do you mean Wagner (not being sarcastic, I've not read the whole thread so there might be a Warner involved!)?

I can't imagine Wagner (if he) would ditch his Huddersfield project for another Championship side at this stage, unless they were to offer him a staggering amount of money.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has Warnock signed Paddy Kenny & Michael Brown yet?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do you mean Wagner (not being sarcastic, I've not read the whole thread so there might be a Warner involved!)?

I can't imagine Wagner (if he) would ditch his Huddersfield project for another Championship side at this stage, unless they were to offer him a staggering amount of money.

Wagner indeed (although my auto-correct refuses stubbornly to accept it)

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
To be unveiled in the morning.

article-1287956970849-0bc0e6ab000005dc-885089_636x387.jpg

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Alas Smith and Jones are both out of the race I think.

Will Steve stand back and see what happens to Gareth in the national spotlight? He's not adverse howver to walking out of a job quickly, did it to Palace a few years back, saying his heart was in Brum. But that was WITH Brum..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Steve Bruce - the early years:

"In his first season as a manager, Bruce guided Sheffield United to eighth place in the First Division, nine points away from a place in the play-offs. He also caused controversy when he attempted to take his team off the pitch during an FA Cup match against Arsenal. Bruce felt that the "Gunners" had broken an unwritten rule of sportsmanship by failing to return the ball to United, who had intentionally kicked it out of play to allow an injured player to be attended to. Although the game eventually continued to a finish, it was later declared void and replayed. In May 1999, Bruce resigned from his post after just one season in charge, citing turmoil in the club's boardroom and a shortage of funds for transfers. He contemplated leaving football for a job in television but was persuaded by Huddersfield Town owner Barry Rubery to become the club's manager.

Huddersfield were early promotion contenders in the 1999–2000 season, winning six consecutive matches to rise to third place in the First Division table by late November, but lost form and failed to reach the play-offs. The team continued to struggle at the start of the 2000–01 season, gaining just six points from 11 matches, and Bruce was sacked in October 2000.

He then became involved in a dispute with Rubery, who accused him of "wasting" £3m on players and having "an ego to feed". Although he was linked with the manager's job at Queens Park Rangers, Bruce remained out of the game until he was appointed manager of Wigan Athletic in April 2001. The team reached the Second Division play-offs but lost in the semi-finals, and Bruce almost immediately left the club, where he had been in charge for less than two months, to take over as manager of Crystal Palace.

Although his new club began the 2001–02 season strongly, topping the First Division table and looking well placed for regaining the Premier League place that the club had last held in the 1997–98 season, Bruce tendered his resignation less than three months into the season in order to return to Birmingham City as manager. Although he was initially prevented from doing so by an injunction taken out by Crystal Palace, he was eventually allowed to join the Midlands-based club after a compensation package was agreed. By now he had acquired a reputation as a manager who rarely held down a job for a significant length of time."

The guy must have the record for walking out on clubs. Can't do much for his England prospects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here