Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villareal..................

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Missing you already:cry:

I think you are getting me confused with someone else, this is the first time Ive moaned about the club.

Edit: Unless you are referring to the one thread I complained about the Gus saga dragging on. Then again everyone at some point moaned about that subject and if you do remember that then you are a stalker.

Villareal were a class act and there was no disgrace losing 3-1 to a team as good as that, particularly with Oscar still feeling his way with his new players. The strength of Spanish football is really eye-opening but I guess that's why we have a young Spanish coach and have been getting Spain-based players in over the past period.

The real weaknesses for me were obviously on show in midfield. I still don't think Bridcutt is a Premiership standard player that many on here believe him to be and I'm not convinced Crofts is top half Championship standard either. Throw in the continuation of the Gus tactic of playing Barnes as a winger and I think the dsijointed display was hardly a great surprise.

I think it will all look very different with a few signings in midfield. I hope Oscar lives up to his attacking words and plays LuaLua rather than hedging his bets with a workhorse like Barnes, which Gus proved works to a degree but you are left with a feeling of unfulfilled potential.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Villareal were a class act and there was no disgrace losing 3-1 to a team as good as that, particularly with Oscar still feeling his way with his new players. The strength of Spanish football is really eye-opening but I guess that's why we have a young Spanish coach and have been getting Spain-based players in over the past period.

The real weaknesses for me were obviously on show in midfield. I still don't think Bridcutt is a Premiership standard player that many on here believe him to be and I'm not convinced Crofts is top half Championship standard either. Throw in the continuation of the Gus tactic of playing Barnes as a winger and I think the dsijointed display was hardly a great surprise.

I think it will all look very different with a few signings in midfield. I hope Oscar lives up to his attacking words and plays LuaLua rather than hedging his bets with a workhorse like Barnes, which Gus proved works to a degree but you are left with a feeling of unfulfilled potential.

Agreed not a big fan of Crofts or Hammond for that matter, LuaLua is quality but seems to only ever have 60mins in him. Shame that Tunnicliffe chose Ipswich, watched alot of him in Man United reserve games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here