Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Villa vs Chelsea

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As someone else noted earlier - the teams below need to effectively win two games more than us to overtake us.

Someone else said it yesterday, but the bottom 5 need at least 2 wins more than us as it stands.....
I thank you ................ I'll allow myself a quick bow!

"The teams below us need to get two more wins than us"

People keep saying that as if it means they have far too much to do.

I can see us not winning another game* so two more games than us could easily be win 'two games'.
I can't see us not getting anything at all for the rest of the season - we'll pick up odds and sods here and there. The point is, that for us to be relegated, all three of the teams below us will have to win two more games than us. The fact that all three of them have got to find two more wins than us, all with difficult matches to come, makes our position much more hopeful.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

I can see us not winning another game* so two more games than us could easily be win 'two games'

*Norwich are bad this season, but it's away, could be on the back of two losses, following a post new year run of 1 win in 13, against a team that has had an occasional surprise result.
*I can also see us getting few wins - I'm not saying we won't win again, just that those fixtures can be tough, and only needing two more wins might not mean that much.

What you are saying is that anything could happen. At worst, I can see 4 Points there, at best I can see 14.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I can see Villa pressing the Allardyce emergency button

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can see Villa pressing the Allardyce emergency button
I am thinking exactly the same thing.

But we look at from the Albion perspective that Villa are 6 points behind us - and that they are focused on the 6 point gap to us.

But the real Villa perspective is that they are just 1 point below safety.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As someone else noted earlier - the teams below need to effectively win two games more than us to overtake us. The table is looking very positive.

6 more points from 8 matches and we're safe I reckon. No reason why we can't get a few more than that.

Agreed things are looking very promising, but let’s not get too cocky now. Lots of football still to be played.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

I can see us not winning another game* so two more games than us could easily be win 'two games'

*Norwich are bad this season, but it's away, could be on the back of two losses, following a post new year run of 1 win in 13, against a team that has had an occasional surprise result.
*I can also see us getting few wins - I'm not saying we won't win again, just that those fixtures can be tough, and only needing two more wins might not mean that much.

Have you seen Villa and Bournemouth’s remaining fixtures though? There’s nothing in it difficulty wise between theirs and ours.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think they look winnable and losable.

Winnable because when we're on form we a a pretty good premier league side, with something to play for.
Losable because if we're desperate for a result, it can put a bit of tension into the team as they go up against against a Southampton team that beat us at home and who have improved since then (I know, we dominated them until Andone got sent off, but we dominated a few teams this season with 11 men and failed to beat them - newcastle and palace spring to mind), a Newcastle team we couldn't score against despite dominating them, that has a bit of confidence about them with the positivity around a potential takeover, and a Burnley team we always seem to have issues with when we need a win.

Well, obviously no Premier league game is easy. But when you go back over the history of the Premier league, or any league, it's end of season games against mid table teams with little to play for that relegation threatened teams do best in.

Certainly rather those three teams than any of the five below us or seven or eight at the top

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just been speaking to my Villa supporting relative. He's absolutely fuming with Smith, said th job us too big for him and they need to get a manager who can handle managing a big club and the expectations that go with it, is that man Big Sam? He still thinks they've got enough quality to go up, in another day they could have taken 4 points this week rather than the one they got.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I thank you ................ I'll allow myself a quick bow!

I can't see us not getting anything at all for the rest of the season - we'll pick up odds and sods here and there. The point is, that for us to be relegated, all three of the teams below us will have to win two more games than us. The fact that all three of them have got to find two more wins than us, all with difficult matches to come, makes our position much more hopeful.

Plus in the easier games they are facing each other (with the exception of muff).

It could still go wrong, but we don't have to worry about what the others are doing for the next couple of games now.
We can just focus on playing well. and looking to pick up the odd point if we can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here