[Football] Villa vs Chelsea

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
4FD327A6-BA0E-41F9-941E-BB9D82F58DE9.png

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Someone else said it yesterday, but the bottom 5 need at least 2 wins more than us as it stands.

3 teams have to get 2 more wins than us, for us to be relegated.

Still a long way to go, but we have taken a giant stride this weekend.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It’s nice being in the position that things could get very hard, very soon for those chasing us! Still work to be done but percentages are moving our way!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"The teams below us need to get two more wins than us"

People keep saying that as if it means they have far too much to do.

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

I can see us not winning another game* so two more games than us could easily be win 'two games'

*Norwich are bad this season, but it's away, could be on the back of two losses, following a post new year run of 1 win in 13, against a team that has had an occasional surprise result.
*I can also see us getting few wins - I'm not saying we won't win again, just that those fixtures can be tough, and only needing two more wins might not mean that much.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Five points ... and a far better GD

The weekend couldn't have gone much better

By relegation battle, I was referring to the teams in the graphic many media outlets show that had previously included 6 teams. For some, that has changed to 5 teams.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

I can see us not winning another game* so two more games than us could easily be win 'two games'

*Norwich are bad this season, but it's away, could be on the back of two losses, following a post new year run of 1 win in 13, against a team that has had an occasional surprise result.
*I can also see us getting few wins - I'm not saying we won't win again, just that those fixtures can be tough, and only needing two more wins might not mean that much.

We probably need another 4 points to be safe I can see us doing that from those remaining fixtures given we have only lost one of our last six

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

You don't think those last three games against midtable teams look very nice for a team in a relegation battle?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

Who pissed in your bed this morning, are you sure football is the right game for you? :wink:

Yes of course we could still go down but after this w/e I’d have thought you could maybe crack a smile and have a few positive thoughts, jeez

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

If Brighton really need a win in the last two fixtures, I think it will happen. Those 2 teams will be on the beach at that time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You don't think those last three games against midtable teams look very nice for a team in a relegation battle?

I think they look winnable and losable.

Winnable because when we're on form we a a pretty good premier league side, with something to play for.
Losable because if we're desperate for a result, it can put a bit of tension into the team as they go up against against a Southampton team that beat us at home and who have improved since then (I know, we dominated them until Andone got sent off, but we dominated a few teams this season with 11 men and failed to beat them - newcastle and palace spring to mind), a Newcastle team we couldn't score against despite dominating them, that has a bit of confidence about them with the positivity around a potential takeover, and a Burnley team we always seem to have issues with when we need a win.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is why bookies clean up, Villa haven’t won a game since the league cup semi, Bmuff look like a team who have given up. No way are they stringing wins together and still hoping we get nothing for the rest of the season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Our games:
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Norwich (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (H)
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)

If you sub Norwich for Huddersfield we took 8 points from those 8 games last year. If we can match that we will survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here