Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] villa fans view on our team for sunday

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If we play too many kids, is there are a risk of an EPL inquiry and points deduction, given the importance of the game? How would we feel if we were in Spurs/Brentford's situation?

I think we'll play a strongish team, play the same way as ever, Villa will sit back and play the Emery way and try and do us on the break.

Ideal outcome: We win, Leeds beat Spurs (or draw), Brentford beat City, Leicester win, Everton lose (or draw). Brentford in Europe, Leeds and Everton relegated.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Nope. Put pressure on Everton, I say. Best result is for Leicester to win and others to lose, but I would take Everton to go down ahead of Leeds all day.
I don't get this really,.... very few non Leeds fans would wish them success,..... they are the most bigoted and entitled bunch of thugs ever to grace the football pyramid, long may they decline and Elland Road deteriorate into a doss house for the W Yorkshire homeless.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I know we wont because it is not De Zerbi's style, but I would love it if we time waisted from the first minute no end of , sore toes, sore heads. Steel bashing grass from his boots, then needs a drink before every goal kick. The game aginst them at the Amex was one of, if not the worst game for time waisting I have ever seem. Them desperate to win I would love it if they didn't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If we play too many kids, is there are a risk of an EPL inquiry and points deduction, given the importance of the game? How would we feel if we were in Spurs/Brentford's situation?
Blimey, we started with three players aged 20 or under on Wednesday and brought another teenager on (as well as playing two 21-year-olds). I'm not saying playing a whole team of kids but playing four of them should be OK

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
However we SAY we're going to approach this, I'm minded to think that once the game starts we'll take it easy. We have absolutely NOTHING to play for. We've celebrated twice in the past week. Most of the players put in a huge shift v Man City, and were pretty knackered anyway. It'll likely be quite warm and sunny.

Plus - Villa will be right up for it, and the home crowd will be loud.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong, but I expect we'll lose by two or three.

PS: If anyone REALLY believes that there's a pro-Spurs conspiracy, then at least we'll have the ref on our side!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I think we'll play a strongish team, play the same way as ever, Villa will sit back and play the Emery way and try and do us on the break.

Ideal outcome: We win, Leeds beat Spurs (or draw), Brentford beat City, Leicester win, Everton lose (or draw). Brentford in Europe, Leeds and Everton relegated.
Firstly when the team was announced Wednesday especially when the City team was also announced most of us would have been really surprised. US putting out youngsters is what we do.

Secondly worrying about what Spurs, the cheating fuckwits, will be the very last thought on my mind.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Firstly when the team was announced Wednesday especially when the City team was also announced most of us would have been really surprised. US putting out youngsters is what we do.

Secondly worrying about what Spurs, the cheating fuckwits, will be the very last thought on my mind.
Has @Bozza finally confirmed that it was definitely Spurs who bribed the match officials in that game yet? :jester:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know we wont because it is not De Zerbi's style, but I would love it if we time waisted from the first minute no end of , sore toes, sore heads. Steel bashing grass from his boots, then needs a drink before every goal kick. The game aginst them at the Amex was one of, if not the worst game for time waisting I have ever seem. Them desperate to win I would love it if they didn't.
Getting 1 up and then doing as you say would be nice.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What I’d play is

McGill

Veltman
Dunk
Colwill
Pervis

Ayari
Gross

Peupion
Mac Allister
Enciso

Welbeck

Steele
Offiah
Van Hecke
Caicedo
Moran
Hinshelwood
Undav
Buonotte
Ferguson

I’d just like a nice piss up in the sun, not too bothered by the result. Will be nice to be relaxed at a game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we play too many kids, is there are a risk of an EPL inquiry and points deduction, given the importance of the game?

They won't be able to, because we'll win.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012

Ideal outcome: We win, Leeds beat Spurs (or draw), Brentford beat City, Leicester win, Everton lose (or draw). Brentford in Europe, Leeds and Everton relegate

Man City rested 8 players last weekend - did they get points deduction?
Next season with Europe on top of the workload, we will be switching 5 or 6 players every match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here