Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa confirm Calderwood [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By Peter Gilbert[/h]Last Updated: 21/11/16 11:53am

chris-hughton-colin-calderwood-newcastle_3770722.jpg
chris-hughton-colin-calderwood-newcastle_3770722.jpg

Colin Calderwood (right) has joined Villa after working with Chris Hughton at Newcastle, Birmingham, Norwich and Brighton

Colin Calderwood has been confirmed as assistant manager at Championship side Aston Villa.
Former Villa defender Calderwood, 51, quit his role at Brighton as Chris Hughton's number two and has now teamed up with Steve Bruce after a compensation package was agreed.
"I'm delighted to bring Colin to the football club," Bruce told Villa's official website. "When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile.
skysports-steve-bruce-aston-villa_3809480.jpg
skysports-steve-bruce-aston-villa_3809480.jpg

Steve Bruce succeeded Roberto Di Matteo at Villa last month

"We've got an experienced guy and a good football man. It was important for me to get someone of his nous.
"When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile. We interviewed two or three people. But once I knew Colin was available there was only one person I wanted here."
now-tv-sports-pass_3792046.jpg

[h=3]Watch NOW TV[/h]All the thrills and spills of Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contrcat

Scot Calderwood, who spent just under two years as Hughton's assistant, joins Stephen Clemence and Gary Walsh on Bruce's backroom staff.
The former Swindon, Tottenham, Villa and Nottingham Forest defender was capped 36 times by Scotland and has had spells as manager of Northampton, Forest and Hibernian.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here