Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Brentford was 1,150 then Lincoln 1,160 so I would guess it will slowly go up, QPR maybe 1,180, Wolves 1,190, Norwich & Villa 1,200

I don't know why the club cant announce how many people are in the top brackets. If there are 1,500 tickets available and only 1,000 are in the top bracket then fans in the next bracket will know they will be fighting over 500 tickets.

Why does it matter how many tickets are available because you don't know if all 1000 in the top bracket will be buying a ticket. Also, doesn't matter how many tickets are available, if you want to go then go online as soon as your loyalty points allow. If you have friends or family that have lower loyalty points value and you wait for them before buying then you will always run the risk of missing out.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Edit: It seems that their Chairman has a history of being a bit of a knob about extra away tickets even with parts of the ground closed, so I wouldn't bank on an increased capacity. See link:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/09/com...p-parts-stadium-shut-season-newcastle-united/

That's pretty funny to be honest.

Also nobody on this thread has yet mentioned that this game might be a 'nothing game' for us too:( ie. In playoffs with no chance of automatic

Still think we'd take alot though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So if 1050 is needed, how many do you get for an away game (might go to Wolves and/or Norwich) ?
You might get one for Wolves if they give a decent allocation, but you're unlikely to get one for Norwich as they more or less fill their home seats with STHs. Besides, points are only credited once the match has been played and Villa will have sold out by then.

For away games that you'll be able to get a ticket for and build your loyalty points, I'd suggest that you may be limited to the following:

Barnsley
Forrest (although not guaranteed as it's a Saturday 3pm KO with discount kids' prices)
Rotherham
Leeds (huge game but Saturday evening on Sky)

I'd suggest that the lads will need all the support they can get for the 3 games in Yorkshire. Even Rothers will be tough as we seem to have a habit of being poor away from home midweek.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's pretty funny to be honest.

Also nobody on this thread has yet mentioned that this game might be a 'nothing game' for us too:( ie. In playoffs with no chance of automatic

Still think we'd take alot though.

Just a thought, loyalty points aside, couldn't the club email all who have a history of 'Amex purchase', to find out who would be interested in going to Villa, whether promoted or a vital last game?
Giving fans with low loyalty points to be in with a chance of going :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
You might get one for Wolves if they give a decent allocation, but you're unlikely to get one for Norwich as they more or less fill their home seats with STHs. Besides, points are only credited once the match has been played and Villa will have sold out by then.

For away games that you'll be able to get a ticket for and build your loyalty points, I'd suggest that you may be limited to the following:

Barnsley
Forrest (although not guaranteed as it's a Saturday 3pm KO with discount kids' prices)
Rotherham
Leeds (huge game but Saturday evening on Sky)

I'd suggest that the lads will need all the support they can get for the 3 games in Yorkshire. Even Rothers will be tough as we seem to have a habit of being poor away from home midweek.

NB Leeds is Loyalty Points Capture.JPG

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just a thought, loyalty points aside, couldn't the club email all who have a history of 'Amex purchase', to find out who would be interested in going to Villa, whether promoted or a vital last game?
Giving fans with low loyalty points to be in with a chance of going :)

Wouldn't that defeat the point of a loyalty scheme? It's going to mean people with more points miss out surely.

I understand some may have legitimate reasons for not following us away from home, but to allow someone to turn up for a potentially pivotal game or a promotion party having never followed us away doesn't seem right somehow. I think with 1050 points you'll probably be alright (5 away visits or 3 + cup).

This topic is making me distinctly uncomfortable however, considering we don't know what kind of game this will end up being especially when you take into account our recent form.

In short - come to Barnsley.. there's plenty of room:thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wouldn't that defeat the point of a loyalty scheme? It's going to mean people with more points miss out surely.

I understand some may have legitimate reasons for not following us away from home, but to allow someone to turn up for a potentially pivotal game or a promotion party having never followed us away doesn't seem right somehow. I think with 1050 points you'll probably be alright (5 away visits or 3 + cup).

This topic is making me distinctly uncomfortable however, considering we don't know what kind of game this will end up being especially when you take into account our recent form.

Thats a fair point, just was thinking a bit outside the box for selfish reasons :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It won't be anywhere near that high. I have 1901 and have been to most away games and I only have 1383 points.

The Brentford cut off was about 1100 I think? So add a few away games to that before they start to sell Villa and maybe 1150 will be the cut off? I guess they could start it higher though.

QPR and Leeds ahead of this will also be loyalty point games I think.

More likely to start at around 1,200, 1,300 at the very highest, very few will have over 1,300..

Ah Ok then - ignore me!

I always look at it and know I am no where close. Maybe I am thinking of some weird game years ago when points were easier to come by where tat was the case ... or maybe I am just wrong!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's going to be a meaningless match for Villa and a party for us as we will already be promoted. Can't wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here