[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
He is out of contract in 12 months, so isn’t going to be sold for 25 million.
More like 10 million maximum

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
CH rated VG above Connolly and was due to step up to the first team the following season. Obviously never happened as CH got the tin tack. He called it right though.
He only played him 3 times, in the FA & EFL cups ! Can’t have rated him that much. Or maybe that’s why he got sacked.

Either way I’m not that convinced by anywhere near the price tags being quoted

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would imagine whichever of the three potential dropping clubs tomorrow survives will be in for him, maybe the likes of Wolves and the promoted clubs too

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He is out of contract in 12 months, so isn’t going to be sold for 25 million.
More like 10 million maximum
I'm still not convinced he's a genuine PL level player. he might get a newly promoted club like Luton or Sheff Utd taking a punt, but while hes a decent enough championship striker, I dont see him becoming another Ivan Toney.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Abolo in Portugal are reporting that he’s Sportings number one target to replace Pedro Gonçalves who looks to be on his way out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He only played him 3 times, in the FA & EFL cups ! Can’t have rated him that much. Or maybe that’s why he got sacked.

Either way I’m not that convinced by anywhere near the price tags being quoted
So what is the price for a top scoring striker in The Championship? Maybe about what we paid for Maupay, I guess - so just where are these price tags being quoted so wide of the mark?

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I'm still not convinced he's a genuine PL level player. he might get a newly promoted club like Luton or Sheff Utd taking a punt, but while hes a decent enough championship striker, I dont see him becoming another Ivan Toney.
I agree. The few times he played for us he looked absolutely awful, like he made Aaron Connolly look like Mbappe

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I wish him well but top strikers from the championship rarely replicate their ability in the prem. You simply don't get the number of chances. Murray for example was an incredibly efficient striker at that level but only managed 37 goals in 148 Premier league appearances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wish him well but top strikers from the championship rarely replicate their ability in the prem. You simply don't get the number of chances. Murray for example was an incredibly efficient striker at that level but only managed 37 goals in 148 Premier league appearances.
1 in 4. That's nearly 10 over a full season - I can imagine several clubs in the lower reaches of the PL being quite interested in a 10 goal a season forward.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Um.............Toney, Ollie Watkins , to name but two.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree. The few times he played for us he looked absolutely awful, like he made Aaron Connolly look like Mbappe
That's not true at all.

The few matches he played were mostly if not all were under CH

CH himself was always or the opinion that Gyokeres was more likely to step up permanently into the first team set up despite a lot of pressure around him for him to play Connolly because of the abundance of goals that Connolly was scoring in the Youth set up.

CH himself always thought that Gyokeres had the makings of a decent prospect. An opinion he never shared about Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports