Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wish I knew more about him.

As far as I can tell, from stats here and there, he's good at dribbling.

He's tall but nothing indicates he's good in the air.

Quick, direct, no-nonsense as he just goes for goal, no fuzzing around, good with both feet. Not sure I've ever seen him score a header though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gyökeres

:thumbsup:

Given that English is an international link language it's no surprise that your English is better than our Swedish (and, therefore, your Swedish is much, much better).

What I'm aghast at is that your English also seems to be better than many of our regular users' English,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Given that English is an international link language it's no surprise that your English is better than our Swedish (and, therefore, your Swedish is much, much better).

What I'm aghast at is that your English also seems to be better than many of our regular users' English,

Thank you. I still hope it will get better though, I know I make some grammatical errors and it is annoying me... My Swedish is dirty good and I want to reach that level, but would probably need to spend a few years abroad for that to happen.

Gyökeres is a Hungarian name though, so we should all have the same opportunity to get that one right! That said, easier for me as I have the Ö on my keyboard.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

....including the BERKS that finish a sentence with a comma.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thank you. I still hope it will get better though, I know I make some grammatical errors and it is annoying me... My Swedish is dirty good and I want to reach that level, but would probably need to spend a few years abroad for that to happen.

Gyökeres is a Hungarian name though, so we should all have the same opportunity to get that one right! That said, easier for me as I have the Ö on my keyboard.

Many years ago I was working in an export environment. Having a degree in modern languages (French and German) I often found myself subconsciously correcting Letters and faxes we received from native speakers in those areas.

Set against that we had a Finnish agent who visited us at one point and was making a phone call in the office adjoining mine. I would have had him down as a native speaker of English except for one instance where he used a turn of phrase which just wasn’t “English”.

You’re doing alright in a second language!

PS - I was once told by a contact working in France that I spoke an old fashioned French, which he recognised as very good. His name was Victor Hugo, and yes, he was related (grandson or great grandson)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I had a work assignment a few years back in a town called Anderstorp and realised that I was going to have to spend 2.5 hours in a taxi, with a driver who lived in the arse end of nowhere and had no more reason to speak Enhlish, than I did to speak Swedish. Turns out he was a Liverpool fan, spoke perfect English with no noticeable accent (far easier to understand than most Scousers) and we talked the whole way. Sweden never ceases to surprise me.

I don't have an extensive scouting network, unlike some on here apparently.
Gyökeres looked strong and skillful at U23 level, but then failed to make an impression in a couple of first team appearances. He hasn't been visible pre-season, so I guess the backroom staff are the only ones who can really gauge what progress he has made in Berlin.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I wish I knew more about him.

As far as I can tell, from stats here and there, he's good at dribbling.

He's tall but nothing indicates he's good in the air.

And he’s not particularly fast or strong either. I’m sure he could do well somewhere else but don’t think he’ll do anything for us in the PL. I’ll get my tin hat for the “he’s too young to write off”, “ffs he’s only played a few games” etc etc. Contracts are more about protecting a clubs assets than meaning that they are always going to play in the first team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Fishing for the Au Pair gig at Guinness towers?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Having worked with many Scandinavians down the years I can confirm their English, written and spoken, is of a very high standard. And yes, sadly often a better standard then many English natives.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If there was any chance of him being incorporated in the squad he'd have featured in the Chelsea match.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Having worked with many Scandinavians down the years I can confirm their English, written and spoken, is of a very high standard. And yes, sadly often a better standard then many English natives.

Evidence on this site seems to back what you're saying up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Certainly the Brexit fans. Even taking typos and touch-screen errors into account, their written English is generally shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here