Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Vigil TV Series

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Spoiler alert.
Apparently he died after drinking 20 cans of Red Death in a DTS !!
If you know you know [emoji2526][emoji2526][emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿[emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well, for years sun dodgers have been telling us skimmers how bad conditions were on their boats.

It looks like a holiday camp, compared to an old type 12 frigate. No pipes on the deck head to bang your head on, and pictures on the bulkheads. And submarine pay on top of that, life of luxury.
Pah!!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was only half-watching but I particularly liked the way they stored the body in a torpedo tube. Plenty of scope there for a comedy moment involving an absent-minded weapons officer but I don’t think it’s that kind of programme.

“Where’s the body?”
“Right now? About 3 minutes from North Korea.”

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really great start!

Erm was the girlfriend picked up by the police chief?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoyed it but confused as to how the girlfriend nobody knew about knew he was dead. Seemed to me there was a hush up going on :shrug:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Enjoyed it but confused as to how the girlfriend nobody knew about knew he was dead. Seemed to me there was a hush up going on :shrug:
See above post, conspiracies nicely lining up, under cover cops infiltrating crusties? trawlers and subs, misogyny, star character bumped off first episode, mysterious illnesses and sonic attacks. Welcome to Line of Duty under the sea.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Well, for years sun dodgers have been telling us skimmers how bad conditions were on their boats.

It looks like a holiday camp, compared to an old type 12 frigate. No pipes on the deck head to bang your head on, and pictures on the bulkheads. And submarine pay on top of that, life of luxury.
Pah!!!
Whoever on the BBC design dept decided the Boat would look like that needs to give their head a shake.
All those people walking around and each compartment the size of Banquet room, complete fantasy sadly on a Bomber.
Even the Cap Tally was wrong as it should say HM Submarines and it should be HMS/M Vigil

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Complete fantasy, every most unlikely incident occurred in the space of two days, with far more space in the sub compared to the reality. The creators turned the reality of this:

2CDDA45A-D505-42DA-9DF0-78B30AA7B9F2.png

into a Nimitz size ops room.

But I quite liked it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Whoever on the BBC design dept decided the Boat would look like that needs to give their head a shake.
All those people walking around and each compartment the size of Banquet room, complete fantasy sadly on a Bomber.
Even the Cap Tally was wrong as it should say HM Submarines and it should be HMS/M Vigil

And I never realised that off watch you could wear civvies at sea.:laugh:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Yes she knew he was dead (how did she know?) and suspected it was to do with the missing trawler (why did she think that?), all a couple of days after that happening :shrug:

Also, I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't accurately reflect the reality of the Navy, or life on a submarine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pah!!!
It does look surprisingly " roomy "? I'm going to persevere despite the inaccuracies around the trawler accident. They had some Mackerel in their fish boxes, but you don't trawl for Mackerel. And, the trawlermen managed to go down faster than their trawler? Looking at the sea at that point they probably could have got off and clung to something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here