Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Views from the Opposition!. Leeds vs Brighton & Hove Albion!.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is good:

Morning,

I was hoping things might look a bit brighter this morning, but not to be, that was utterly dreadful last night, particularly the first half.

It's all been said above, but for what it's worth I got in the ground early last night and was watching Silvestre warming up. Sullivan was rolling the ball to him, and he was launching it up field to another coach (I think). He must had at least 20 or 30 kicks, with only a very small percentage reaching it's intended target. The ball was going all over the place, to such an extent that it actually became a danger to the BHA players warming up at the South Stand end. Anyway, Sullivan was clearly telling him not to snatch at it, be calm, take your time but time and again the ball would be launched away from the target and it was clearly bothering Silvestre as he was shaking his head, throwing his arms about etc. My point is, and I think I am right here as I have not seen the goals back, but their first goal came from a poor kick out from Silvestre putting us under pressure. Don't get me wrong, poor defensive work followed, but it is not the first time Silvestre's kicks have not gone where they are supposed to in a game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes but if you looked at our board this week there were already those calling for Hyypia's head after two defeats. Having said that a lot of those are conspicuous by their absense on the board this evening.
I think most of the discontent here was simply down to lack of recruitment. We all knew we needed players, and quickly,.... 3 arrived and what do you know?!!??..... we won, with a more solid midfield.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
2 leeds fans on "marching on together" forum

"The views of Drs.Dad;

That was terrible! First half especially, Brighton were running rings around us. We were far too narrow, and they were running around us, which the didn't need to do as they were cutting us apart through the middle too! When we had the ball they harried us until they took it off us, and we had no answer. We seemed to be playing a passing game until the final third, then old habits took hold and we lumped it up to Smith. Second half we improved somewhat and at least made a game of it. Smith off, Ajose on, and suddenly we had width to our game. I won't single out any players, because, frankly, no-one stood out in my mind. Dreadful, let’s hope we pick up those quality signings this week.

The views of 1964white;

Playing an outdated 4-4-2 v a vibrant passing Brighton team to accommodate Smith upfront totally set us on the back foot in the first half as we couldn't get hold of the ball, it was like playing 10 v 11, when we managed to attain the ball we gave it away needlessly. Ajose came on to even things up in midfield, he gave us more movement, we pressed & closed the Seagulls players down much better in the second period. We lacked invention & pace to hurt the Brighton defence.

Still scratching my head why Hockaday took off our new striker & likeliest goal scorer with 15 minutes of play left. Very poor individual performances apart from Austin (2nd half only). Brighton are a better team than their first two defeats suggest !"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here