Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Viewpoint - Noel Clarke

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And reappeared as soon as he decided to

He was technically taken off television prior to being convicted of anything. He also didn't come back "when he liked", that will all be in the contract with clauses regarding future behaviour.

This actor hasn't been charged with anything and may not have committed any criminal offence. That's for the Police to decide and CPS to decide.

However ITV under such circumstances must do what they feel is best for the company (and shareholders), especially as they have been under pressure to pull the programme from viewers.

If you feel that such an action is "declaration of guilt" then that's on you. If that was the case no-one would ever be suspended from work.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
For 20 women to come forward there is probably a kernel of truth in the allegations,however I find it ridiculous that he seems to have been found guilty already by bafta/itv and other tv entities,sky have cancelled all future work with him,whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't be so patronising - from the person who made his childish comment on the Duke of Edinburgh thread.

I thought we lived in a society when someone was innocent until proven guilty.

As I said, grow up and stop being obtuse. And maybe read [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION] post whilst you are at it.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Currently starring in ITV's prime time drama Viewpoint all this week has now had sexual misconduct allegations levelled against him dating back as far as 2004.

Unfortunately one or two women accusing him could possibly be written off as bitter and twisted exes or female predators looking to make a few quid, but 20 separate women making complaints is a whole different ball game, looks like he might need Petrocelli to get him off of this:ffsparr:

One or two bitter and twisted exes, one or two dressing in such a way to suggest they were up for it, one or two wanting to make a few quid, reckon it's got to be at least more than 6 to get these type of accusations taken seriously.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For 20 women to come forward there is probably a kernel of truth in the allegations,however I find it ridiculous that he seems to have been found guilty already by bafta/itv and other tv entities,sky have cancelled all future work with him,whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He isn't on trial and hasn't been charged.

Finding someone "guilty" (which isn't their place) and pausing work are two entirely different things.

If you read the background fully, it would appear a few things were "starting to move" prior to the story being published in the Guardian. Rather than criticise others for an "over-reaction" try and acknowledge that they are closer to events than any of us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmm - don't remember being obtuse...

Just expressing a grown up opinion.

We can discuss obtuse, but you are certainly forgetful....you didn’t express an opinion...you asked a question.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I thought we lived in a society when someone was innocent until proven guilty.

Not broadcasting the programme will be viewed as neutral act, such as suspension from work if serious allegations are made. Seems like a sensible decision.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
He isn't on trial and hasn't been charged.

Finding someone "guilty" (which isn't their place) and pausing work are two entirely different things.

If you read the background fully, it would appear a few things were "starting to move" prior to the story being published in the Guardian. Rather than criticise others for an "over-reaction" try and acknowledge that they are closer to events than any of us.
He's been stripped of his Bafta and sky have cancelled,not paused work with him,I'm not saying he's innocent but the actions by certain entities seem to imply guilt as a foregone conclusion.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Noel Clarke

That is ridiculous.

Talk about guilty till proven innocent. Yet its ok to have a convicted drink driver present a prime time Saturday evening show.

Yes the same Hangman has just been seen dragging Boris down Downing Street over the missing £58k. Oh hang on there are different rules for MPs at the trough aren't there?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's been stripped of his Bafta and sky have cancelled,not paused work with him,I'm not saying he's innocent but the actions by certain entities seem to imply guilt as a foregone conclusion.

I've read the press too, thank you. I suggest you read a bit more regarding actions and timelines.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Am I correct in saying the last episode will be on ITV Hub until Sunday ? We were going to watch episode 1 last night but didn’t have time. It will have to be a Viewpoint binge to take in all 5 episodes by Sunday.
As to the Guardian article; I haven’t read it and have no interest. Actors are just court jesters and I have no interest in theist lives (ditto footballers). If he has broken the law he will be punished but in the meantime I am going to watch a decent tv drama.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Am I correct in saying the last episode will be on ITV Hub until Sunday ? We were going to watch episode 1 last night but didn’t have time. It will have to be a Viewpoint binge to take in all 5 episodes by Sunday.
As to the Guardian article; I haven’t read it and have no interest. Actors are just court jesters and I have no interest in theist lives (ditto footballers). If he has broken the law he will be punished but in the meantime I am going to watch a decent tv drama.

I'm pretty sure there are atheist actors and actresses too. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
After what happened with Saville et al it’s hardly surprising broadcasters will err on the side of caution around any sort of allegations made

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let’s hope there aren’t any allegations made about any Line of Duty cast before Sunday…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any and all allegations will be followed up to the letter of the law. To. The. Letter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here