View of tonights game + Player Ratings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
We lack width, cox was more or less playing centre mid, and martot i cnt remember martot ever getting wide, running at their left back or getting a cross in. Wer'e sticking long diagonal balls over the top for forster, making him do all the running , when we should have the wingers running up and down whipping them in for him. Yes we had two goals disallowed, the first i dnt really no why, it seemed as tho cox's freekick went straight through, but our style of football has really deteriorated, wev'e reverted bk to the long ball tactic insted to playing football.
Murray looked very good when he came on, nice touches and passes, I'm sorry to say but Elder was awful, held the ball up on a couple of occassions but that was about it. Robinson looked pretty lively when he came on, and Fraser did his best to get the team going. WE NEED SOME DECENT WINGERS

Kuipers - 6
Whing - 6
Richards - 7 Looks solid, and although he made a mistake, he immediatly made up for it with a brilliant tackle when they were through
Elphick - 6
El - Abd - 6 Kept the 'freek' at bay
Martot - 4 Did nothing, may of tracked back but never attacked
Cox 5- Didnt get into the game
Thompson - 7 Very tidy midfielder, won it and played it
Reid - 6
Forster - 8 Puts in too much work, no midfield support
Elder - 4 A poor mans emile heskey

subs: Murray 7, Robinson 6, Fraser 6

mattieoo

Nov 17, 2005
in the cold
We lack width, cox was more or less playing centre mid, and martot i cnt remember martot ever getting wide, running at their left back or getting a cross in. Wer'e sticking long diagonal balls over the top for forster, making him do all the running , when we should have the wingers running up and down whipping them in for him. Yes we had two goals disallowed, the first i dnt really no why, it seemed as tho cox's freekick went straight through, but our style of football has really deteriorated, wev'e reverted bk to the long ball tactic insted to playing football.
Murray looked very good when he came on, nice touches and passes, I'm sorry to say but Elder was awful, held the ball up on a couple of occassions but that was about it. Robinson looked pretty lively when he came on, and Fraser did his best to get the team going. WE NEED SOME DECENT WINGERS

Kuipers - 6
Whing - 6
Richards - 7 Looks solid, and although he made a mistake, he immediatly made up for it with a brilliant tackle when they were through
Elphick - 6
El - Abd - 6 Kept the 'freek' at bay
Martot - 4 Did nothing, may of tracked back but never attacked
Cox 5- Didnt get into the game
Thompson - 7 Very tidy midfielder, won it and played it
Reid - 6
Forster - 8 Puts in too much work, no midfield support
Elder - 4 A poor mans emile heskey

subs: Murray 7, Robinson 6, Fraser 6
i disagree!! elder was good and so was new guy. Robinson didnt get in the game and cox was the only player i really saw!! "freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek"

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Agree about the ref. Didn't think it should have been a foul for their goal, looked like a good tackle from where i was standing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers - 5. nothing to do except get booked for no reason AGAIN
whing - 5. needs to curb his temper. average in attack and defence
richards - 7. very assured. one of the best timed and executed tackles i have ever seen. defence looks much better with him
elphick - 6. struggled slightly against the freak of a forward, but did well
el abd - 3. oh dear. back to pre-leeds form on todays showing
martot - 4. constantly gives the ball away. very frustrating
cox - 4. lost possesion too easily. needs to learn to use his left foot if he is going to play out there
thomson - 6. tidy performance, quite impressed by him
reid - 5. see above
forster - 6. worked hard but for very little reward
elder - 4. all he seems capable of is throwing himself at airbound balls. not very impressed

robinson - 4. as effective as martot. disapointing as you felt he could have changed the game
fraser - 4. chasing a goal, why bring on a defensive player?
murray - 6. looks like an intelligent player. should have started

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Well, can't agree with the 7 out of 10 for Thomson - thought he was very poor. Not strong enought and doesn't do enough with the ball when he has it. I'm afraid the game passed Reid by (maybe we could play him as a 12th man and no-one would notice) and we need more tenacity in central midfield. Remember the Oatway and Chippy days...? Days when you knew someone would actually fight for the ball.
The back four... well, Elphick seemed to be the only one with a brain - El Abd and Whing continue to play those annoying diagonal 40 yard balls and every time I see Richards I just think how much I'd prefer to see Rents in his place.
Thought Elder did okay - was unlucky in the first half - twice and must have felt under severe pressure knowing that Murray was waiting on the bench.
Forster is a pleasure to watch - runs his heart out, encourages and motivates the other players and has genuine quality.
Cox was his usual self - busy, snappy but not wholly effective... Martot... did he play?
Liked the look of Murray and Jake did his bit when he came on.

Basically they need to have a think about the last 20-25 mins, when we passed them out of the game, moved off the ball and got them turned. And then we need to do that from the first minute.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 5 - iffy kicking, RIDICULOUS bollocking of El-Abd and a silly booking. Didn't have anything else to do - goal was unstoppable
Richards - 6 - some dodgy distribution, and one awful cock up rectified by an incredible goal-saving tackle. Average
Elphick - 6 - quiet, was unlucky with foul for free kick which lead to the goal
El-abd - 5 - sloppy marking, for the goal in particular
Whing - 6 - solid
Martot - 3 - wastes possession, can't beat his man - pathetic
Thomson - 5 - very quiet, some nice touches though
Reid - 4 - anonymous at times
Cox - 5 - what has happened to him? Other than two free kicks, did virtually NOTHING
Forster - 6 - faded second half, but worked hard and looked lively with no service
Elder - 5- Not good enough on the ball or off it...had one good header saved but that was it

Fraser - 5 - not sure what bringing him on was supposed to achieve
Robinson - 6 - lively at times, but ultimately didn't have any end product. Better than Martot however
Murray - 7 - good use of the ball, flick-ons and passing seemed decent. Promising

The low individual marks don't tell the whole story though...we still DOMINATED. As a unit it wasn't TOO bad. In the first half, someone hit the bar, the follow-up was missed and Elder went close too. Forster looked lively, wheras i think they had one chance (the goal). In the second half, we bossed the game, had a lot of pressure, but created virtually NOTHING. Entertaining, but a real shame about the result, and concerning if we can't be beating teams like Northampton. The strikers really need some SERVICE.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what did robinson actually DO? apart from being adjudged to be off side from a SUPERB forward pass from i believe fraser of all people

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kuipers - 4 - Not sure why I'm giving him as high as 4 really. Awful kicking, awful communication and as for the bollocking he gave El-Abd, well the less said about that the better
Richards - 5 - definately not one of his better games. One world class tackle but even that was just making up for his own error
Elphick - 6.5 - MOM for me. Looked calm & re-assured and made a great tackle that for some reasn resulted in them scoring
El-abd - 6 - I thought he had a decent enough game, maybe a question mark over their goal but then he was marking two of them
Whing - 6 - solid
Martot - 4 - Was pretty awful tonight
Thomson - 5 - Tidy if unspectacular
Reid - 5 - Went about his job in a quiet manner
Cox - 4 - Good free kick for our goal (not that it was allowed. Other than that quite possibly the worst game I've seen him play
Forster - 6 - faded second half, but worked hard and looked lively with no service
Elder - 5- Couple of good headers but nothing to suggest that he can replace Revell

Fraser - 5 - Strange substitution. Was Reidy injured
Robinson - 5 - Not his night, a couple of good crossing opportunities were wasted
Murray - 7 - Looked good, nice burst of speed for someone that big

Referee - 0 - Biggest wanker I've seen officiate in a long long time. Should lose his badge for that performance
Away Fans - 8 - Good turnout I thought and in good voice

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kuipers - 6 - Not alot to do
Richards - 6 - Average
Elphick - 6 - Average aswell
El-Abd - 4 - Almost scored but not on form tonight
Whing - 6 - No complaints
Martot - 5 - Almost scored but didnt do much else
Thomson - 5 - Hardly noticed him
Reid - 3 - Not fit, but didnt realise he was playing for ages
Cox - 4 - Along way of form, maybe needs some competition
Forster - 6 - Did all he could really, good effort
Elder - 4 - Not up to much again

Fraser - 4 - Didnt do anything
Robinson - 6 - Tried hard, but didnt get anywhere
Murray - 7 - Promising start, just shame he didnt come on sooner

Ref - 0 - Useless, some TERRIBLE decisions
Away Fans - 8 - Decent turn outand quite passionate
Bunn - What a ****
Adrie - 10 - Magical

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
what did robinson actually DO? apart from being adjudged to be off side from a SUPERB forward pass from i believe fraser of all people

A couple of good through balls, some fairly decent passing, and one good run.

Not NEARLY enough to change the game, but certainly more than the thread offered by Martot in the first hour

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Their keeper pulled off one of the best saves I have ever seen from El Abds header.

My rant is on the just back from the game thread.

That ref gave us EVERY decision until the one which lead to the goal.
We need another centre back to play with Elphick so Titus El Bramble Abd is only a sub

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Yes the ref was awful last night, but our style of football has really gone backwards, what happened to us passing the ball, getting it wide and getting crosses into the box. Its now just long balls for forster from the centre backs, getting him to try and run it past the whole of their defence

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yes the ref was awful last night, but our style of football has really gone backwards, what happened to us passing the ball, getting it wide and getting crosses into the box. Its now just long balls for forster from the centre backs, getting him to try and run it past the whole of their defence

I agree that there was very little creativity last night. We looked short of ideas, just shows how bad Northampton were that we couldn't create anything and should have still ended up winning 2 or 3 nil.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
....... our style of football has really gone backwards, what happened to us passing the ball, getting it wide and getting crosses into the box. Its now just long balls for forster from the centre backs, getting him to try and run it past the whole of their defence

We are managed by a youth team coach,so what do you expect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports