Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'd be still celebrating if I was in their or Burnley's position. Not looking at some other teams forum. Fvcking geeks, do one.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Conned? Should be banned? Ramirez certainly shouldn't have knocked the yellow card out of the Mike Dean's hand, he could have been booked for that. However, he has every right to show Dean his injury, this is not a con, players do this all the time, it's poor refereeing by Dean to change his mind. Some of the comments on here criticising Ramirez and alleging the cut to be either self-inflicted or an old wound are frankly laughable.

Time to move on I think - you to dreams of Premiership success, us to figuring out how we can get successfully through the playoffs either with or without Dunk and Stephens....

Apr 5, 2016
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!

Yea, sod off with all your fake sentimentality, and while you're at it don't even put our spending in the same bracket as yours. You got lucky.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Conned? Should be banned? Ramirez certainly shouldn't have knocked the yellow card out of the Mike Dean's hand, he could have been booked for that. However, he has every right to show Dean his injury, this is not a con, players do this all the time, it's poor refereeing by Dean to change his mind. Some of the comments on here criticising Ramirez and alleging the cut to be either self-inflicted or an old wound are frankly laughable.
Agreed. One of the first posts from a Middlesbrough fan that to my mind speaks sense.

Enjoy your promotion and the Premier League. If we're to join you... we have to do it the hard way.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Just be happy that you got a decision that went in your favour and helped you over the line.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've hardly had a pop. Even if we disagree on the red, you've ignored all the positives and focused your anger on one comment.

Mate, drop off here for a couple of weeks and then when everyone's toys are back in the pram,we can have a sensible chat...unless of course we lose to Wednesday, and then it we be like the wailing wall in here. In that case, lets just leave it and best of luck in the prem!

Parmo_Jaramillo

Dec 19, 2015
Took a while but true colours coming through. It's really obvious to anyone with half a brain. We had just scored and had momentum. Nobody is saying we were guaranteed to win but you would have had a harder last half hour if we'd had 11 players on the pitch and you looked nervous as it went on.

Probably, but its really hypothetical - nobody knows what would have happened. The thing is though, even if Stephens received a yellow, we would still lose Ramirez (our best attacking player) through that challenge. As soon as Downing came on we kinda had to change the shape slightly because he plays that AMC position a lot differently to Gaston and doesn't press as much. The red-card killed the momentum for both sides even with the man advantage for us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Disagree. There's no doubt he has the wound and it looked bad. I'm not saying it was self inflicted or an old wound (although others have and the latter wouldn't be impossible). My issue is the way he initially takes the card out of Dean's hand and reacts the way he does. This to me suggests he is not that hurt. If he was that hurt, he would be thinking about the injury only. However, once Stephens is sent off, suddenly he needs oxygen and is stretchered off. The two don't fit together. Then he is able to collect his medal with a plaster on his leg (and some even say walked down the tunnel). To me, this adds up as someone who conned the referee.

No arguments about Mike Dean. He was terrible all game, largely favouring you. How none of your cynical challenges resulted in bookings is beyond me. He shouldn't referee again this season but no doubt he'll referee again in a few days.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Probably, but its really hypothetical - nobody knows what would have happened. The thing is though, even if Stephens received a yellow, we would still lose Ramirez (our best attacking player) through that challenge. As soon as Downing came on we kinda had to change the shape slightly because he plays that AMC position a lot differently to Gaston and doesn't press as much. The red-card killed the momentum for both sides even with the man advantage for us.

But we had the momentum at that point. We lost our best player on the day and couldn't replace him with anyone. You lost your best attacking player and bought on a £5 million midfielder instead. Hardly comparable, is it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You won't get any joy on here as I found out some are ok but the rest are sore losers. Remember we lost coming out of Wembley first person I congratulated was a Norwich city fan yesterday I said the same to a Brighton fan saying hard luck but good luck in the play offs, on here well just read the rubbish been spat.

You choked and were played off the pitch by Norwich, we had just equalised and were in the ascendancy and IMO would have won the game as you appeared to be starting to choke again. How ****ing thick do you have to be to understand that the two situations are not vaguely comparable. We were badly disadvantaged by an appalling decision, you were played off the pitch by Norwich and had no reason to complain.

Fact is you struggled against 10 men after our best player on the day was sent off, who knows what might have happened , we were ROBBED of the chance to find out by an incompetent homer.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Couldn't disagree with that

boro_boy

Banned
May 6, 2016
Boro fan here ! I was going to be nice and say I hope you go up through the play offs ! But nah I really hope you don't ! Most of what I have read suggests to me that Brighton bender fans are bad losers ! Yes it was a bad descion. But in no way did it have a impact on the game ! Brighton had one effort on target which is poor return considering brightens away record !
I'm not gloating about been promoted but you lot need to accept that we were good value for our draw !!

Iv been reading your posts all week and most of the brightons fans thought it was in the beg ! Your just a town full of knob jockeys who love the Penis ! Hope u stay down ! Bunch of bad losers ! The mighty Boro were going up !!

Come on you owls

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boro fan here ! I was going to be nice and say I hope you go up through the play offs ! But nah I really hope you don't ! Most of what I have read suggests to me that Brighton bender fans are bad losers ! Yes it was a bad descion. But in no way did it have a impact on the game ! Brighton had one effort on target which is poor return considering brightens away record !
I'm not gloating about been promoted but you lot need to accept that we were good value for our draw !!

Iv been reading your posts all week and most of the brightons fans thought it was in the beg ! Your just a town full of knob jockeys who love the Penis ! Hope u stay down ! Bunch of bad losers ! The mighty Boro were going up !!

Come on you owls

Another one who never went to school and fits the Northern fan stereotype.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Come on you owls

PI*s off

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!

Thank you for your comments. They have been duly noted.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You won't get any joy on here as I found out some are ok but the rest are sore losers. Remember we lost coming out of Wembley first person I congratulated was a Norwich city fan yesterday I said the same to a Brighton fan saying hard luck but good luck in the play offs, on here well just read the rubbish been spat.

Thank you for your comments. They have been duly noted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here