Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
would you all be so adamant it's not a foul if it was the other way around?

If you want feel free to view how we reacted when one of our own had a horrific cut to his leg as a result of being caught by blades in a fair challenge

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...Injury-(warning-now-contains-pictures!)/page3

603b8588ef8d1c6f167fbeb3ccb777a2.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
That wasn't a challenge. It was a collision between Calde and Adam.

Lol my memory struggling there but still shows horrific injuries can happen without intent. Everyone seems to be holding the state of Ramirez leg as a justification for the decision.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Lol my memory struggling there but still shows horrific injuries can happen without intent. Everyone seems to be holding the state of Ramirez leg as a justification for the decision.

Mike Dean seems to have done too (for all his claims re the linesman). Ironically, Ramirez recovered enough to turn around pretty quickly to complain to Mike Dean.

In games like this, I think referees should have to be interviewed and justify their decision. It seems to be the opposite usually as the FA will back the referee no matter what. It's an embarrassment to football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

What I don't understand, and you have lined yourself up for criticism here as you had a rather large paragraph on one sending off matter, but anyway, what I don't get is, just about every single ex pro on TV have said it wasn't a sending off and this morning between Kami, Steve Walsh and Teddy Sheringham, good ex-pro's, they all agreed it wasn't even a booking. So why are Boro fans coming on here insisting it was a red? The stupid boy clattered into Stevens after Stevens had cleared the ball. What more evidence do you need? How many stills? How many slow mo's? What does it take for you to understand collectively?

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
You won't get any joy on here as I found out some are ok but the rest are sore losers. Remember we lost coming out of Wembley first person I congratulated was a Norwich city fan yesterday I said the same to a Brighton fan saying hard luck but good luck in the play offs, on here well just read the rubbish been spat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You won't get any joy on here as I found out some are ok but the rest are sore losers. Remember we lost coming out of Wembley first person I congratulated was a Norwich city fan yesterday I said the same to a Brighton fan saying hard luck but good luck in the play offs, on here well just read the rubbish been spat.

Really? You started off sincere but because posters didn't agree with you ..started getting all narky...I was happy to congratulate Boro supporters outside the ground but please give over ..we've still got a job to do

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

No, you are utterly wrong. I have been on a Boro forum and wished them the best of luck for next season and told them they deserve their promotion. Don't tar everyone. Why is it we are sore losers for pointing out the bleedin' obvious? Why is it that it seems, the only fans in the world (slight exaggeration but you get the gist) that believe it was a red card offence are Boro fans? We will never know if 11 v 11 for the 95 minutes would have been to our favour. But it was an appalling decision from a piss poor ref.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Dale relaxing at home this morning with his kids, trying to forget yesterday's shenanigans.

image.jpeg

Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

Its still too fresh,we need time and isolation for the healing to start:moo:

lee_zebo_mfc

Banned
May 7, 2016
We (and Mike Dean) were conned by Ramirez. He should get a ban but sadly won't

Conned? Should be banned? Ramirez certainly shouldn't have knocked the yellow card out of the Mike Dean's hand, he could have been booked for that. However, he has every right to show Dean his injury, this is not a con, players do this all the time, it's poor refereeing by Dean to change his mind. Some of the comments on here criticising Ramirez and alleging the cut to be either self-inflicted or an old wound are frankly laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here