Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash.

Good luck!

Take a look at Sky Sports from this morning, Walsh, Kamo and Sheringham ALL said the TACKLE did not even warrant a yellow card.... obviously you know better.
Even Mike Dean had a yellow out before Gaston knocked it out of his hand. Glad Gaston is ok, thankfully the small plaster, oxygen and stretcher helped him to celebrate at the end.
As others have said, getting tiresome all these "fans in peace", when all they want to do is eventually have a pop.

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
I've hardly had a pop. Even if we disagree on the red, you've ignored all the positives and focused your anger on one comment.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've hardly had a pop. Even if we disagree on the red, you've ignored all the positives and focused your anger on one comment.

Do you not understand how obvious you are. All these Boro fans come in peace comments are rubbish. You're enjoying gloating, however you might dress it up. Would you have registered here if you'd lost yesterday?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I've hardly had a pop.

Except you're trying to make out we all have sour grapes over a tackle which received a red card despite the fact it a) wasn't even a tackle, b) Stephens didn't touch your player, c) Your player was late in and kicked Stephens, d) referee originally had a yellow (still the wrong decision) until your player whipped it out of his hand and forced the ref to change his mind

Disgraceful behaviour from your player and the worst officiating I've seen from Mike Dean.

Cheated

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes I did the same for the Norwich play off final game last year

If you say so, I have no way of disproving that. However, there was no controversy there from memory. Norwich were clearly the better team. I don't get what seems so surprising about us being bitter. We (and Mike Dean) were conned by Ramirez. He should get a ban but sadly won't

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

What "positives"..... you came on here to state that Gibson and Ayala were untroubled, you should have won and the red card was deserved......your opinion and "positives"
The "positive" for you is that after your club spending shed loads of cash you have made it to the Prem in second place on goal difference.
Well done, now do the "positive" thing and post on your own forum.
Next.......fan in "peace"

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

The problem is your the millionth well wisher/troll to appear on here in the past 24 hours. Boro, Palace, Burnley and every other wanker on the planet.
True your post was balanced but you will struggle to find anyone here that thinks the red card was justified. He won the ball a good second before Rameriz, and the only contact was Rameriz eventually arriving on the scene to kick his leg. I think people feel robbed that we had just got back in to the game and 11v11 anything could of happened. I am not saying we would of won but it would have been nice to play the game and seen what happened, instead of being robbed of a decent attempt by quite frankly was a ****ing dreadful decision but a referee who was incompetent most the afternoon. I mean what sort of referee who is 5 yards away and going to give a yellow (wrongfully), then decides a man 50 years away may have seen something more and then allows a player to take a yellow card from his hand and throw in on the floor before seeing some blood and shows a red.
Aside from that i felt Ayala was very good. Great CB. You had 2-3 decent chances that you should have done better with 1st half but 2nd half our 10 matched your 11 without doubt.

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
You talk like you'd have become the first league team to score twice at the riverside for 20 months if you had 11 men. Ignoring the fact that you had one shot on target all game and it went in. You forget that we were still well in the game with you to

To Martin Tyler: I agree it's q shame there was a red and controversy. Anything could well of happened you are right. Second half you were the better team definitely and yes I imagine it must be infuriating to have seen the ref change the colour based on injury, whether it was or wasn't a red.

Over and out

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Another pat on the head wishing us well in the playoffs.

About as welcome as Mike Dean on here at present.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

To be fair the reaction on here was probably inevitable, particularly if you'd looked at other threads before posting.

I hold no grudges against Boro or even Ramirez, though to be honest he is a bit of a tw&t. The blame for the incident 100% rests with Mike Dean, it was a poor decision and it changed the game. We will never know, whether we would have scored a winner, but we were robbed of that opportunity.

Good luck next year, I think you have a good defence, but (surprisingly), as a team you look mentally fragile (including Karanka). I hope we get to play you again, but am not ever so hopeful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

OK. I've taken a deep breath and I'll try to be nice...

Well done on your promotion. Over the course of a season the table usually doesn't lie. You've been damn near invincible up at your place and it was always going to be a tough proposition for us to win there. You'll enjoy your summer looking forward at what's to come.

Regarding the negativity on here, you might not know but this forum has had almost us many Boro supporters as ours for the last day. I'm sure you're not meaning to gloat but less than 24 hours after the match things still feel a bit raw. For my own part, I've followed the team since I was 8. That's 35 years now and 33 of those have been out of the top flight. Every time I hear somebody in the news say that "Boro are back in the Premier League for the first time since 2009" I churn up inside. You should try waiting us long as we have, sir. I can't speak for anybody else but I don't think I truly appreciated how much I wanted promotion until yesterday afternoon. I expect that's true of many of us and that's probably why one or two have been less than chatty with you.

As regards the red card incident, every Brighton supporter thinks it wasn't a straight red offence and every Boro fan seems to think that it was. I've been mindful of wearing Albion Tinted Spectacles so I've asked most of my independent colleagues that watched the match today what their view was. This unscientific straw poll reveals half a dozen that say it wasn't a red card offence, a few that say it wasn't a foul and one that said it possibly warranted a sending off. It appears that the Sky team, the Channel 5 crew and the Talk Sport commentators all thought that a red was harsh. On balance, I am content that we have a right to feel aggrieved. Whether or not the decision changed the outcome of the match we will never know but when has that ever stopped a supporter feeling the seething rage of injustice?

Anyway, hopefully that's fair enough for you. Good luck for next season. I sincerely hope we get a chance to renew "hostilities" next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You talk like you'd have become the first league team to score twice at the riverside for 20 months if you had 11 men. Ignoring the fact that you had one shot on target all game and it went in. You forget that we were still well in the game with you to

Over and out

Took a while but true colours coming through. It's really obvious to anyone with half a brain. We had just scored and had momentum. Nobody is saying we were guaranteed to win but you would have had a harder last half hour if we'd had 11 players on the pitch and you looked nervous as it went on.

As others have said, how you can't see what a bad decision the red card was is beyond me. No doubt when the appeal fails you'll come back and say I told you it was a red card, ignoring how flawed the appeals system is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Over and out

We actually had 2 (yes, shock, horror :) ), as Stephens free-kick, looked like it was going in until the deflection, but when it left it his foot it was on target.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Over and out

Yes, **** off

You only got promoted because Mike Dean sent off Stephens. We would have won if you hadn't been gifted that. Good bye blind boro man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here