Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] View from the away end

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought our 3-4-2 system was a bit of a shambles and Southampton successfully disrupted our flow of play. Five empty seats (not all season ticket seats) next to me for the first time for a couple of years.

We didn't play 3-4-2. We went to a back four after the sending off, with Burn at left back. Solly joined into midfield, and it looked more like 4-3-2 to me. It did mean we had less cover down the right side, where we were exposed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’d guess player/club tickets. But I don’t know for sure, normally see quite a few of the players families in the away end, but I only saw kenzie benali yesterday ( if you don’t know, google it )

My son and I were talking about that yesterday. We speculated that someone had farted.
Thanks for your contribution. The thing that I disagree with you on is that it was a red. Horrific challenge. Glad Valery's OK, who looks like a decent player. Redmond, Hojbjerg, Ings and Ward-Prowse are too. But that Vestergaard, he's got to be one of the worst CBs I've come across in the PL, right up there with van der Hoorn (who apparently was made to look decent by Potter).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They should display on the screens the reason for disallowing a goal/ red card etc
It seems everyone else in the world is aware of the reason for the decision except the people who are paying good money to be at the game,which is so wrong

I agree VAR is going to kill all spontaneous celebrations sadly

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

The linesman not flagging causes confusion.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Firstly, no we don’t. VAR is only three weeks old in the Prem. If enough people, fans, players and mangers say that it is ruining the game then it should be binned. The only issue then is the TV companies.

I’m not sure why so many people think TV is behind VAR. It makes life very difficult for commentators, Directors and match edits and, generally speaking, it’s not popular with pundits. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
but accidental handball when your arms are in an un-natural position making your body bigger, apparently isn't a VAR reviewable incident......this week. just wait until it's us defending in a similar position PENALTY!!
VAR is not being used properly the refs watching the VAR don’t want to over rule their mates on the pitch so the whole process is a waste of ****ing time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
VAR is not being used properly the refs watching the VAR don’t want to over rule their mates on the pitch so the whole process is a waste of ****ing time.

This, but would rather it was just removed and we went back to controversy and discussion about the game and not a process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

That, at the moment, is just about it’s only saving grace I think. Thank goodness they are leaving most decisions to the ref and applying the “clear and obvious” threshold. Otherwise, the game would stop constantly. Annoying when the ref gets things wrong (in our opinion) but just something we have to accept if we don’t want the game to be ruined completely. We always did in the past, so…

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
QUOTE=One Teddy Maybank;9048752]This, but would rather it was just removed and we went back to controversy and discussion about the game and not a process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Exactly, no point if they aren’t ever going to use the pitch side monitors. Might as well go back to the top four bias.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Garth Crooks for the bbc was impressed.

This was more like the Southampton I saw at the back end of last season. They took the game to the opposition and looked dangerous on the break.

Seriously, if this is how they play when they play well!

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Garth Crooks for the bbc was impressed.

This was more like the Southampton I saw at the back end of last season. They took the game to the opposition and looked dangerous on the break.

Seriously, if this is how they play when they play well!

Not sure what game he was watching to make that summary

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This saints fan is more optimistic for our season than a lot of NSC.

[tweet]1165292129779945473[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here