Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What an end to the season this promises to be. Once we've cleared the decks following the pointless international dross, it'll be weeks and weeks of top drawer entertainment at the business end of the season.

Main act:
BHA going for a place in Europe;

Supporting act:
Palace, Roy, slippers and pension all fighting off relegation over a 10 game run-in.

This could even surpass the Friday afternoon slot at the Shady Pines final rest home for football gentlefolk.
Imagine a top 7 finish, a cup final.....

&

Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace for the drop

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moyes, Hodgson and Dyche can all churn out their trademark 1-0 wins with aesthetically shit football.

It’ll be interesting to see if they all pull it off. I hope not. Personally I like the football Leicester play, Barnes/Maddison/Iheanacho are easy on the eye. I’d love some of the boring football oafs to drop.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Roy's first training session.

200.gif

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
*cough* FA cup *cough*
Fair point, well made and well presented.

OK, apart from forgetting about the title race AND the FA Cup, I got 2 out of 4 things to look forward to right, didn't I? Us going for a place in Europe, and Palace trying to avoid relegation. That's 50% correct, and not to be sniffed at. I'm sure that's worth a grade A at GCSE in something these days.

P.S. I've booked my place at the Shady Pines rest home.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Fair point, well made and well presented.

OK, apart from forgetting about the title race AND the FA Cup, I got 2 out of 4 things to look forward to right, didn't I? Us going for a place in Europe, and Palace trying to avoid relegation. That's 50% correct, and not to be sniffed at. I'm sure that's worth a grade A at GCSE in something these days.

P.S. I've booked my place at the Shady Pines rest home.
I'm guessing that you won't be happy to hear that the youth get their GCSEs in numbers instead of letters these days... :whistle:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yep. But sometimes, it's the journey and not the destination.

Whatever the final destination turns out to be, I think the journey is going to be a hoot. There are only 4 points covering the 9 bottom teams, so there will be many changes in league position coming......
Twit twoo: Internet jokers have put together a collection of Roy Hodgson looking like an owl, including this picture of the new England boss laughing

Squawking orders: Hodgson shouts directions to players from the touchline, and resembles an owl with its beak open

Birds-eye view: This wide-eyed creature has a striking similarity to Hodgson

Ruffling feathers: Football fans have found a string of pictures of owls like this one and matched them with the veteran manager in similar poses

Low notes: A glum looking Hodgson resembles a moody owl

Ouch: Hodgson gets stressed during an emotional game, just like this brown owl which seems to have something on its mind

Grimace: Hodgson pulls as face as he straightens his tie. The owl on the left is even squinting his left eye just like the coach

Perched for success: The pleased looking manager will be hoping the national team soar to new heights

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Isn't it a little scary that he is a spring chicken compared to the man currently manager of the United States of America..........

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We had a right chuckle at work when the news reached us.

He's only gone and done it.

Let's not forget that Beaky:
  • Decided not to extend the old man's contract, for whatever reason.
  • Had not lined up the old man's replacement.
  • Got a few knock back's before announcing that Paddy V was his preferred choice.
  • Sacked Paddy V after improved performances.
  • Sacked Paddy V having not line up a replacement.
  • Saw the old man relegate Watford.
  • Sacked Paddy V after a tough run.
  • Sacked Paddy V when they were 12th, 1ppg average - normally good enough to be okay.
  • Thinks a 75 year old man can save them.
Paddy V would have kept them up. If the old man does, it will not be a stroke of genius from Beaky as it would have been Paddy V's hard work that gave them the foundation.

What an absolute mess. Way to go Beaky!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
What an end to the season this promises to be. Once we've cleared the decks following the pointless international dross, it'll be weeks and weeks of top drawer entertainment at the business end of the season.

Main act:
BHA going for a place in Europe;

Supporting act:
Palace, Roy, slippers and pension all fighting off relegation over a 10 game run-in.

This could even surpass the Friday afternoon slot at the Shady Pines final rest home for football gentlefolk.
It’s going to be great to watch the relegation battle as a spectator ( particularly with Palace in it) than as a participant.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Moyes, Hodgson and Dyche can all churn out their trademark 1-0 wins with aesthetically shit football.

It’ll be interesting to see if they all pull it off. I hope not. Personally I like the football Leicester play, Barnes/Maddison/Iheanacho are easy on the eye. I’d love some of the boring football oafs to drop.
The flaw in your analysis is that Palace would have to score a goal to manage any 1-0 wins. They've only done that five times in 2023. Quite how Roy intends to change that is anybody's guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here