Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If they lose to Leicester after the international break there will be some serious anger in the Palace camp, mainly directed towards Mr Parish. Get your popcorn ready.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst it is good to see Palace regress to going back to Hodgson, I reckon he will keep them up.

So hilarious but also annoying that they've got him in.

If they'd have kept Viera, they should have easily stayed up. Sure they should still stay up, but getting in Roy is hilarious with no downsides.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they lose to Leicester after the international break there will be some serious anger in the Palace camp, mainly directed towards Mr Parish. Get your popcorn ready.
Honestly can't see them losing to Leicester, who have turned into even more of a one man team than Palace used to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See I do not understand this logic, most of the teams below them are granted pretty bad, but most have a game in hand and Palace have to play them, none of them will be easy and all those teams are capable of beating Palace.

They are all capable of beating Palace, and Palace are capable of beating them all. If they win/draw/lose them in equal measure, they'll be safe. They can't fail to win any of them can they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tuff question time...

Penultimate game of the season at home to Southampton.
would you take a defeat if palace would be relegated due to that result, however we miss out on top 6
That's not a tough question. If it means us dropping a place in the table (unless it's 8th to 9th which doesn't really matter) then no. But otherwise, yes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't really see where they will get 15 more points this season because 40 points will be the absolute minimum any team will need to stay up looking at the table right now I'd be surprised if anyone stayed up with less than 40.

5 teams currently have at least 2 points less than the games they've played, meaning they're on course for <=36 points. I can't see 3 of them (as well as the other clubs in the mix) getting 15 points from their last 11 games (roughly).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually like Roy as a person as well as a manager and the likelihood of him keeping Palace up is quite good,but that's about it,I'd be wanting my money back on my season ticket if I happened to have the misfortune to support Palace.

This appointment kind of sums them up really,just stagnating with no real ambition to improve or develop any part of their club,Palace are meandering into a precarious situation with a distinct possibility it will all fall apart from top to bottom.

I can't really see where they will get 15 more points this season because 40 points will be the absolute minimum any team will need to stay up looking at the table right now I'd be surprised if anyone stayed up with less than 40.

Good luck Roy,you will need it.
In terms of points to stay up.

The current 4th from bottom PPG ratio will probably stay largely the same at this stage of the season. Though the actual team may not. So Leic in 18th with 25 from 27 played ( and WHam a point below them with a game in hand) means that you can project forward the likely points total necessary as 36. Just under a point per game.

Some teams of course will outperform 1ppg for the rest of the season, but not all. Some will under perform.

Palace are 27 points with a middling goal difference after 28 games. I think they need 9 points to stay up from 10 games. Which is about what they have got so far.

They are vulnerable

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What an end to the season this promises to be. Once we've cleared the decks following the pointless international dross, it'll be weeks and weeks of top drawer entertainment at the business end of the season.

Main act:
BHA going for a place in Europe;

Supporting act:
Palace, Roy, slippers and pension all fighting off relegation over a 10 game run-in.

This could even surpass the Friday afternoon slot at the Shady Pines final rest home for football gentlefolk.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Roy has taken over with the club in 12th. They now have an easy run-in. Do you think they'll finish higher or lower than 12th?

I doubt it's going to look like a master-stroke.
My point with the master-stroke comment was more about the delusion of football fans, rather than actually rating it as a master-stroke.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What an end to the season this promises to be. Once we've cleared the decks following the pointless international dross, it'll be weeks and weeks of top drawer entertainment at the business end of the season.

Main act:
BHA going for a place in Europe;

Supporting act:
Palace, Roy, slippers and pension all fighting off relegation over a 10 game run-in.

This could even surpass the Friday afternoon slot at the Shady Pines final rest home for football gentlefolk.
Might even get a decent title fight. If City had the lead Arsenal have now, I wouldn't have felt that way but I think it will be quite close in the end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point with the master-stroke comment was more about the delusion of football fans, rather than actually rating it as a master-stroke.
Sure, but it will require special levels of delusion to believe that, and I'll happily laugh at any goon coming here to suggest it.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Not sure when the games in hand will have flowed through. Palace have played 1 more than game than 4 of the teams below them, and 2 more than West Ham. If those teams won those games, or even drew them, then the current precarious picture looks even worse. When I look at the teams below them, I struggle to see Bournemouth or Saints getting out of it. Of the teams left then it really does depend on the fight they have inside the squad.. for that reason, I see Palace, West Ham and Leicester as vulnerable. Please let it be Palace.. (it wont though will it?)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
If they'd have kept Viera, they should have easily stayed up. Sure they should still stay up, but getting in Roy is hilarious with no downsides.
Roy's gonna need a Stannah Stairlift with the amount of times he'll be bouncing up and down atop that relegation line.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Not sure when the games in hand will have flowed through. Palace have played 1 more than game than 4 of the teams below them, and 2 more than West Ham. If those teams won those games, or even drew them, then the current precarious picture looks even worse. When I look at the teams below them, I struggle to see Bournemouth or Saints getting out of it. Of the teams left then it really does depend on the fight they have inside the squad.. for that reason, I see Palace, West Ham and Leicester as vulnerable. Please let it be Palace.. (it wont though will it?)
Looking at the Palace fixtures.. we will pretty much know by the end of April.. lovely to sit back and watch!!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Might even get a decent title fight. If City had the lead Arsenal have now, I wouldn't have felt that way but I think it will be quite close in the end.
Yes, I probably should have mentioned the title race, but let's be honest, it's a bit of a sideshow isn't it?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Keep reading about how they’ve had a tough run of fixtures and it will be ok now as they’ve got to face all of the teams below them.

Shirely, being only 3 points above the worse of that group is equally problematic considering each game is now a 6 pointer?

Would be delightful for Leicester to rip them apart

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Indeed, will definitely follow the relegation fight a lot more. City vs Arsenal should be a good watch though.
Yes, a huge game on April 26, after we play City on 23rd. It may still not be the decider you might think though, as there are still 4 games for both Arsenal and City in May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here