Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
See I do not understand this logic, most of the teams below them are granted pretty bad, but most have a game in hand and Palace have to play them, none of them will be easy and all those teams are capable of beating Palace. Roy's pragmatic turgid set up, begs teams to attack them, and if they go a goal down, the crowd will turn, they seem like a team with no fire in the bellies and to me Roy is not someone who ignites or inspires passion.

If I were a Palace fan (cough,splutter,vomit) I would be very, very worried.
Quite right. They’ll park the bus and try and nick a goal on the counter. In years gone by they had a fleet footed Zaha to do this, he’s simply not got the legs anymore. Their current two strikers are worse than Benteke with Olise and Eze hugely over rated by their fans.

Will a few 0-0 draws be enough?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
See I do not understand this logic, most of the teams below them are granted pretty bad, but most have a game in hand and Palace have to play them, none of them will be easy and all those teams are capable of beating Palace. Roy's pragmatic turgid set up, begs teams to attack them, and if they go a goal down, the crowd will turn, they seem like a team with no fire in the bellies and to me Roy is not someone who ignites or inspires passion.

If I were a Palace fan (cough,splutter,vomit) I would be very, very worried.
Oh, there are going to be leaky bottoms at Palace for the rest of the season, especially if the new manager bounce doesn't materialise. I take your point about Roy's set up. And on a short-term contract, the players will know he doesn't care and is not invested. Having said that, 6 teams need to overtake Palace for them to go down.

As an aside, the league this season is extraordinary, and effectively two leagues. The top half competing for Europe, and the bottom half, 11 points adrift, fighting relegation. Isn't it an absolute pleasure for us to be in the top half, looking down and laughing at Palace woes?

Stock up on popcorn.....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Whilst it is good to see Palace regress to going back to Hodgson, I reckon he will keep them up.

So hilarious but also annoying that they've got him in.

Let the dire football commence!
A few weeks ago, I thought Palace had zero chance of going down.

But their horrendous run of form, the sacking of PV and the bringing back of Roy, means it's possible they go down.

Look at next weekend's fixtures where the following results are quite possible.

Palace lose to Leicester - leaving Palace on 27 and Leicester on 28
Forest and Wolves draw with each other leaving Forest on 27 (with a game in hand on Palace) and Wolves on 28
West Ham beat Southampton - leaving them on 27 with two games in hand.

With Fulham in meltdown, Bournemouth could beat Fulham which would also put them on 27

It may or may not happen, but I'm loving the complete shambles CPFC2010 has become - and it ALL comes down to Parish.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Roy's first 4 games could make or break their season:

Leicester (H)
Leeds (A)
Saints (A)
Everton (H)

quickly followed by:

Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The wily old fox will have taken a close look at the table, and the run-in and concluded that it will take all the teams between Palace and the drop zone (Wolves, Leeds, Everton, Forest, and Leicester) as well as one from the drop zone to all do better than Palace in the remaining 10 or 11 games. Unlikely.

It will need to go horribly wrong for Roy for Palace to go down.
🤞

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Roy's first 4 games could make or break their season:

Leicester (H)
Leeds (A)
Saints (A)
Everton (H)

quickly followed by:

Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
If they get 1 point or less from the first 4 matches (unlikely but possible) they will be hot favourites for the drop and Zaha's agent will be on the phone to Saudi Arabia 24/7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here