Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm quite glad that we’ve finished our fixtures against them for this season. For Vieira’s faults. he at least gave us a decent match. Hodgson’s turgid defensive football will be a miserable treatment for the Palace fans and any side they go up against in the run in. Annoyingly it will probably work in keeping them up and give Palace time to get their replacement in, if only because every club below Palace is equally shocking this season.

Im still in disbelief though. Its utterly clueless planning and organisation from Palace. I like to think that Parish has tunnel vision over the new Selhurst redevelopment. It took Brighton about thirteen years to campaign, raise funds and fight to build a brand new stadium from scratch. It’s taken Palace about half that time (and more money) to just break ground on one stand (oh wait, they haven't even done that yet!)

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Given the average age of NSC users we really shouldn't be mocking an old geezer being forced out of retirement due to this cost of living crisis. I blame the tories for this debacle!
Comes to something when the poor old devil couldn’t get something at B&Q or a greeter’s job at Asda. Presumably he’s had to accept the only thing on offer.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roy's already brought in his backroom team.

roy's backroom team.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The bookies still seem to think a Palace relegation is pretty unlikely. But everyone in the chasing pack has caught up with them over the past 10 games. Back then, Palace were sitting comfortably in 12th*, three points behind Chelsea, but with a game in hand...and seven points above Everton (who were 18th at the time). Interestingly, all the bottom three at the time have made up considerable ground on Palace - Wolves have gained 8 points, and Everton & Southampton have each gained 6 points. The others have been less impressive, but have all gained three or four points on Palace.

I guess the bookies are thinking that the likes of Bournemouth and Forest haven't managed to reel them in THAT much, despite Palace having ten pretty tough fixtures. Leicester have gained fewest on Palace (3 points) over that period...they would seem to be genuinely in trouble. Next fixture for them: away to Palace!

PS: Over the same period, we have gained 10 points on Palace (we were 5 ahead of them, now we're 15 ahead)

*It's bizarre how they are STILL twelfth!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Whilst it is good to see Palace regress to going back to Hodgson, I reckon he will keep them up.

So hilarious but also annoying that they've got him in.

Let the dire football commence!

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Roy will do but I was hoping for Joey Barton

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm quite glad that we’ve finished our fixtures against them for this season. For Vieira’s faults. he at least gave us a decent match. Hodgson’s turgid defensive football will be a miserable treatment for the Palace fans and any side they go up against in the run in. Annoyingly it will probably work in keeping them up and give Palace time to get their replacement in, if only because every club below Palace is equally shocking this season.

Im still in disbelief though. Its utterly clueless planning and organisation from Palace. I like to think that Parish has tunnel vision over the new Selhurst redevelopment. It took Brighton about thirteen years to campaign, raise funds and fight to build a brand new stadium from scratch. It’s taken Palace about half that time (and more money) to just break ground on one stand (oh wait, they haven't even done that yet!)
It does show the massive difference (Can I say GAP?) between the clubs.
We lose our Manager whilst in the top 6 and already have candidates in mind and the selected coach improves the team.
They sack their chosen manager whilst not in the relegation zone and bring in a previous coach who is years old!.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
With all those teams stacking up behind palace they face up to 8 six pointers in their last nine games, this means more injuries and cards for a pretty weak squad. If palace are to dodge the drop they need to get a few wins on the board early imo.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if Beaky asked the players who they wanted? I’m struggling to think of how else this appointment could be justified. The immediate question that pops to mind is ‘will Roy make it to the end of the season’.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm hopeful that his experience at Watford last season is a good omen and will help him propel the team to relegation, at long last.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The wily old fox will have taken a close look at the table, and the run-in and concluded that it will take all the teams between Palace and the drop zone (Wolves, Leeds, Everton, Forest, and Leicester) as well as one from the drop zone to all do better than Palace in the remaining 10 or 11 games. Unlikely.

It will need to go horribly wrong for Roy for Palace to go down.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The wily old fox will have taken a close look at the table, and the run-in and concluded that it will take all the teams between Palace and the drop zone (Wolves, Leeds, Everton, Forest, and Leicester) as well as one from the drop zone to all do better than Palace in the remaining 10 or 11 games. Unlikely.

Better, but not much better.

Palace can't afford this run to continue.

I'm quietly hopeful. There are no, Norwich type no hopers this year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I suspect you're right.

But I still can't help feeling glad. All over.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

See I do not understand this logic, most of the teams below them are granted pretty bad, but most have a game in hand and Palace have to play them, none of them will be easy and all those teams are capable of beating Palace. Roy's pragmatic turgid set up, begs teams to attack them, and if they go a goal down, the crowd will turn, they seem like a team with no fire in the bellies and to me Roy is not someone who ignites or inspires passion.

If I were a Palace fan (cough,splutter,vomit) I would be very, very worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here