Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surely that stand will be called The Long Waite?
Palace’s net spend of £82m over the past five years is the fifth-lowest in the Premier League – albeit almost double Brighton’s outlay – as Parish has prioritised £100m plans to redevelop Selhurst Park’s main stand to increase the capacity by 8,000 to more than 34,000

Comedy gold from the Guardian!!

and this gem, sacked by phone as you're travelling onto work! what a classy club!

Vieira is understood to have been informed of his departure in an early call with Parish as he was driving to training

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Vincent Kompany was just shown on SSN and seemed to be saying that CP have been OVER achieving! Not sure he's keen... :lolol:
If Vincent thinks we are overachieving I guess he isn’t aware that this year we are...

- 20th for distance covered
- 20th for games won
- 20th for goals scored
- 19th for xG
- 19th for Big chances

Personally I’m disappointed because he seemed such a great fit for Palace as well as being a well respected, decent person, but we have been regressing both as a team and in the performances of the players all season. I can see why Parish did it but I question the timing if he didn't, as appear’s the case, already have a replacement in mind.

I’ll never understand my club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Vincent thinks we are overachieving I guess he isn’t aware that this year we are...

- 20th for games won
- 20th for goals scored
- 19th for xG
- 19th for Big chances

Personally I’m disappointed because he seemed such a great fit for Palace as well as being a well respected, decent person, but we have been regressing both as a team and in the performances of the players all season. I can see why Parish did it but I question the timing if he didn't, as appear’s the case, already have a replacement in mind.

I have said it twice already and I'll say it again. You have looked better than the teams below you. There was no obvious player discontent and as you say he seems like a decent bloke. I can't even remember who he replaced, but it looked to me that you were heading in the right direction, with performances far better than results.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Odds are seriously shortening on RH heading back to Selhurst Park.

Makes me wonder if this had already been arranged in secret - still quite stunned that Palace could pursue a 95 year old Hodgson who my Watford mate described as the ‘most clueless, embarrassing joke of a manager we’ve ever seen’…..

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Makes me wonder if this had already been arranged in secret - still quite stunned that Palace could pursue a 95 year old Hodgson who my Watford mate described as the ‘most clueless, embarrassing joke of a manager we’ve ever seen’…..
Apparently they told Roy on Wednesday night, again Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon and twice before lunchtime today

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

- 20th for games won
- 20th for goals scored
- 19th for xG
- 19th for Big chances

Not close enough to your actual club structure but the 7am cowardly phone call to sack him almost suggests the Yanks have told SP to do it?

I saw a recent interview with SP where he was “big on respect” apparently?

N.B those stats would be perfect for Bucket Ball, please let it happen

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Imagine just days after losing to your rivals as a chasm of points and positions opens wider and the bitter reality of the trajectories of two clubs is rammed back down your throat your owners sack the manager and appoint Roy f***ing Hodgson.

If it was not so funny I would probably feel a bit of sympathy

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi

Makes me wonder if this had already been arranged in secret - still quite stunned that Palace could pursue a 95 year old Hodgson who my Watford mate described as the ‘most clueless, embarrassing joke of a manager we’ve ever seen’
That really would be the nail in the coffin. Recent history would indicate that the legacy option isn't necessarily the best..not that he has much of a legacy to speak of!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This post intentionally left empty, so that we can all have a quiet moment of reflection on the travails of Crystal Palace.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

As a Watford fan he does have a very large sample size in which to base that judgement on...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palace’s net spend of £82m over the past five years is the fifth-lowest in the Premier League – albeit almost double Brighton’s outlay – as Parish has prioritised £100m plans to redevelop Selhurst Park’s main stand to increase the capacity by 8,000 to more than 34,000

Comedy gold from the Guardian!!

and this gem, sacked by phone as you're travelling onto work! what a classy club!

Vieira is understood to have been informed of his departure in an early call with Parish as he was driving to training

Transfer fees only tell half the story.

Up to the last published accounts, in just 4 years to June 2021 our payroll costs were £391m, theirs £106m greater at £497m.

They enticed and retained players by being far greater payers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here